Nationwide Regular Saver Eligibility

Comments

• SallySunshine
    SallySunshine Posts: 813 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks for that, young retired,
    they certainly make you jump through hoops.
    Never known anything so convoluted for a customer to open a simple account
  • MPN
    MPN Posts: 365 Forumite
    My wife and I both have FlexDirect sole accounts and we each have Regular Savers with our sole accounts.

However, we have also just opened a joint account so the question is, can we open a regular saver from this account in our joint names even though we both already have regular savers with a sole accounts?
  • isasmurf
    isasmurf Posts: 1,999 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MPN wrote: »
    My wife and I both have FlexDirect sole accounts and we each have Regular Savers with our sole accounts.

However, we have also just opened a joint account so the question is, can we open a regular saver from this account in our joint names even though we both already have regular savers with a sole accounts?

The answer is in the terms and conditions
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    This is getting surreal, are you saying that when I open an account for myself on-line I have to say I am not registered for on-line banking with them, when I am?

Hi Sally,

I have just had a secure message from Nationwide confirming that to open a sole regular saver if you only have a joint account is to say that you are not registered for online banking. They also told me not to worry as the new account would appear in my wife's online banking as a sole regular saver.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,201 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    So nothing has changed since 2012;)
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    RG2015, I'll be interested to know how you get on.
    sometimes you can get differing answers from different lines of enquiry.
    I won't be able to sort out anyway until June at the earliest.

Hi Sally,

My wife has now opened a new regular saver in her name qualifying through our joint account.

The critical issue is ticking the sole account box and not the joint account box. At the time she opened the account she did not have internet banking so answered no to that question. She now has internet banking so in a years time it may be an issue if she wants to open a new regular saver.
  • SallySunshine
    Thanks RG, I'm still reeling from faffing about for an hour this morning with transferring ISA's
    I will bookmark this thread until I fulfil the criteria in early June, might have forgotten this a.m.'s trauma by then!
  • SallySunshine
    Think I'm getting there!
    The only problem being that I can't set up a regular transfer from my Loyalty Savings account to a Flexiclusive Saver. Just had that confirmed.
    This would have to be done manually, e.g. transfer money monthly from Loyalty to Flexaccount to then fund saver account.
    doable but not the quickest way.
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    RG2015 wrote: »
    Hi Sally,

My wife has now opened a new regular saver in her name qualifying through our joint account.

The critical issue is ticking the sole account box and not the joint account box. At the time she opened the account she did not have internet banking so answered no to that question. She now has internet banking so in a years time it may be an issue if she wants to open a new regular saver.

Just don't login when opening a new account. It takes perhaps an extra day for the account to be visible while they link the new Regular Saver to your other accounts, but it allows you to overcome any issues in applying from within online banking (in my case my old Regular Saver had matured and converted but online banking told me I already had a Regular Saver and wouldn't allow an application to proceed.)

Applying from outside of internet banking also allows you to receive a card for the account without having to go to branch to open the account.
  • elephantrosie
    elephantrosie Posts: 467 Forumite
    how many nationwide Regular saver account am i allowed?
    Another night of thankfulness.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport