PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 13 March 2017

Comments

• ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,422 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Quick update: all flying completed by 9.30 with the addition of WMx1. Work started on one piece of writing.

NDN has just been round to say that they think they've got a squirrel in their under-the-eaves loft (a whole packet of the grandchildren's playdough has been eaten, though the wrappings were left behind) and the R*nt*k*l man is coming round tomorrow morning. I've asked her to send him round to check our loft too. I don't like uninvited visitors.

I hope you get your phonecall soon, Bossy, and that it puts your mind at rest.
    Hope the Dr can solve the mystery of your rash, ATB.

Back to work...
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    There you go - took the list into the kitchen, started on the hob and ping an email came in and more work has arrived that I need to get done. DH is taking over so not all bad news but I did try to do it myself!!
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,078 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Thank you for your GWS vibes last week. I'm up and about again, but still feeling feeble, but I'm not sure any more if it's the virus or emotional. Either way, I'm taking life a bit slower this week.

Having said that, WM x3 so far and I've another couple of loads to run through, I've finally washed the kitchen floor which has been needing it for a month and sucked the bedroom carpet which is knee deep in moulting dog hair. Catching up on paperwork now.

I hope the phone call is helpful and not worrying, Bossy. (((Hugs)))

*Healing vibes* to everyone feeling under the weather, especially Natty's Dave, ATB and Skinty.

I can't remember who it was whose dog is getting worried by visitors - please can you talk to your vet about this? They may be willing to do a telephone consult initially if bringing the dog in would stress it even more to begin with and that could be helpful. When any of my rescue dogs get upset the vets then always want to rule out anything physical so it usually involves taking them in, but there are things that they would consider behavioural that I forget about every time. As a last resort there are always calming chemicals, and Kelpie still occasionally needs them - he has a DAP collar and a puffer sort of thing that plugs into a socket near his bed which he finds very, very comforting when he's struggling to cope. After nearly two years he still goes through stressed times, and with rescue dogs we have absolutely no way to know what they've been through which triggers disruptive behaviour. Most vets can recommend behavioural therapists who could point you in the right direction, as well.
    Better is good enough.
  • babes21
    babes21 Posts: 1,665 Forumite
    Hi everyone :wave:, huge hugs to those who need it.

I'm in this week too please, well for as much as possible. I'm now overdue with my first baby so the little one is due to make an appearance any day now, maybe a good house clean will get things going.

Will come back with what I manage to achieve a little later.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Glad you're on the mend HB xx

Doc has called. Just repeated what the lady at the scan told me <rollseyes>. They'll send me another appointment for a re-scan but not to worry as it looked like a simple one. Feel like I can get on with my day now... Might suggest they warn there might be a follow up call, so as not to unduly worry people.

Ah well.

Will go get the vac out then!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi, when you do the clean cycle for WM do you put anything in it? Like detergent? May thanks
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    GWS vibes for all who need them' sounds like some scary stuff going on in Fly-land!

Mr LW and I cracked on and pretty much cleaned the whole place during the course of the weekend. No we haven't gone looney-tunes, we had the man from the Council come for an inspection visit for our annual license to board dogs this morning. No problems, and he was suitably impressed to see my shiny new certificate, having completed the First Aid for Dogs course.

I'm glad to have got ahead, as it's a bit of a busy week this week; Mr LW has to visit the fang farrier tomorrow afternoon; Thursday evening we have a Mensa meet-up to attend (I'd honestly sooner not go, but it's something I can't wriggle out of) and Friday the car is due for a service.

I've emptied the laundry bin and done 3 x WM loads - Mr LW's clothes, my clothes, and a towels'n'hankies hot wash, as it's good drying conditions today.

I'm exhausted after talking to the council chap (just nerves, but it does tire me out) - ended up with him showing me pics of his one-year-old Cockapoo.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Amzwoody
    Amzwoody Posts: 6 Forumite
    Hi all I'm in, really gonna try and get on top of things 👍. Quick question when you run a wm self clean do you put any laundry detergent in it ???
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    angelpye wrote: »
    Hi, when you do the clean cycle for WM do you put anything in it? Like detergent? May thanks
    Amzwoody wrote: »
    Hi all I'm in, really gonna try and get on top of things 👍. Quick question when you run a wm self clean do you put any laundry detergent in it ???

I don't usually, I want the wash to clear gunk away so tend to go with white vinegar or even a bit of bleach if I'm feeling grubby :D
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,078 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    bossymoo wrote: »
    Might suggest they warn there might be a follow up call, so as not to unduly worry people.

Thanks Bossy. I think you should mention it to them. Anyone would be worried by that message and it festering all over the weekend for no good reason isn't really the effect they're after, is it?
    angelpye wrote: »
    Amzwoody wrote: »

I put it on the hottest possible wash, and turn the spin dry speed to zero before I run it completely empty. As Bossy says, a good glug of vinegar or bleach can be added if the machine's smelly or gunky, but generally a thorough swish with extremely hot water should be enough to clean its pipes out.

Fifth WM load in there at the moment, most of the lighter stuff will go in the TD later because I just don't have enough line space for it all.
    Better is good enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport