New Luma credit card ?

Comments

• MrSilk
    MrSilk Posts: 1,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    RICK... wrote: »
    I've just applied and it says they'll contact me within 7 days as they need to perform additional checks.

Had a Capital One classic card for over a year now and still at £200...

have you tried your bank for a credit card?
  • I'm still subprime as I have a CCJ due to drop off in January.

Credit file is clear apart from that, so will probably try my bank sometime next year!

Miffed by Capital one card though, I probably spend around £150 a month on it and pay off in full, yet still no increase...
    This thread has me so pumped, I headbutted my dog and we both screamed.
  • MrSilk
    MrSilk Posts: 1,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi Rick,

Best bet is to wait until February and apply for a credit card with your bank, assuming you have good banking history with them (No missed direct debits, or been overdrawn) and no missed credit card payments with the Capital One.

Or you could call Capital One and ask them if there would be a possibility of an increase, or apply for their progress credit card.

Good luck!
  • Which CRA do they search for the Luma card?
  • Does anyone know if you can do a balance transfer on this card?
    DEBT FREE!!! - Finally! :j
  • I applied for this knowing I have a poor credit history. Forgot all about it to be honest thinking they did a check and just sodded me off. But today I got my pin number through the letter box. Doesn't say when a card will arrive or what the credit limit is.
    As to Mush1989 I think they do. But don't personally take me word for it as gospel
  • samtoby
    samtoby Posts: 2,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Applied said 7 days to preform extra checks. Don't hold much hope.
    3 Children - 2004 :heart2: 2014 :heart2: 2017 :heart2:
    Happily Married since 2016
  • Lulee36
    Lulee36 Posts: 197 Forumite
    daggz68 wrote: »
    I applied for this knowing I have a poor credit history. Forgot all about it to be honest thinking they did a check and just sodded me off. But today I got my pin number through the letter box. Doesn't say when a card will arrive or what the credit limit is.
    As to Mush1989 I think they do. But don't personally take me word for it as gospel

I got an email to set up online statements and was able to view my limit at this point. The card took about 5 days to arrive
  • daggz68
    daggz68 Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 September 2012 at 6:36PM
    No email as of yet. Cannot register on their website to view statements etc until I have a card as it needs the card number I think
  • Lulee36
    Lulee36 Posts: 197 Forumite
    They sent me 2 emails one with a link the 2nd with a password I registered without the card
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure