Quit everything , and start again over 50?

Comments

• Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 August 2016 at 11:12AM
    Wow, AC, they're like buses, aren't they?

I agree with everyone else, which is why I haven't posted as I really had nothing to add. I think you'd be nuts to mess around FTB's and in August, too! If you leave them hanging until Monday, and they see your place still up for sale on RM, they might just spend this week end looking at other places and find something they like better... I should have been named Cassandra... because she was the only one who said don't let that dirty, great wooden horse into Troy, all right? Everyone said she was nuts and then look what happened! Greeks is the word, is the word, is the word...

What have you got against houses? Is it because you would be solely responsible for repairs? But then, you don't have to defer to anyone else to get them done, do you? Heck, check out harz99's suggestions and, if you see something you like the look of, check that street on police.uk's crime map. Compare it to where you live now, to get a real idea. That's what I did, with hundreds of properties. We viewed only the ones in areas that seemed OK-ish. HTH.

Waiting for more words, AC. Best of luck.
  • Yeah, the first time buyers sound good . I have no idea , what's being offered or what the second bidders situation is .
    I have it I my mind now , that if I get anything over £375k then I am lucky.

I am honoured that I have had bids at last for my flat at last .
    I don't want to be greedy and arrogant , as good karma can stay with me a bit longer if I show respect and understanding in the buyers situation as well as my own.
    Still feeling run down. I also feel very weird for obvious reasons
  • Thanks smodlet . Nothing against houses :)
    It's just that I'm too stuck in my preferred location .:)
    More news as it happens ...:)
  • wendym
    wendym Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    Don't ever beat yourself up about feeling 'run down'.

Just because you don't make a fuss doesn't alter the fact that you have MG, take steroids, and manage to hold down a stressful job in central London.

AND you're selling a property. Yesterday I got dressed and felt almost pleased with myself.
  • Thanks Wendy . Things will improve for you if I have a say in anything .
    Moving around like mr. Blobby , is another factor of course :)

Just a bit edgy now , till the phone rings again :)
  • Smodlet
    AC, wendym is right, you have all the usual, day-to-day issues, plus you have, I would think, been living on adrenaline for months, now and you have received two offers in as many days, pretty much. OH calls this feeling as if "someone has cut the strings" (imagine you are a puppet and it makes sense, in our world ;))

The tension has broken, for a moment and now you are faced with an even scarier situation, dah, dah, DAH! You have to make a decision!!! :eek: You are now in a position to choose whether to follow your dream as it is within your reach, finally... or you can choose to turn your back on it, stay in your safe, little cocoon of familiarity and give up your dream. Only you can choose; all the opinions on your thread, even LL's are not worth anything when it comes down to it. You have to choose. I imagine this might be why, more than usual, you seem to be fixating on small details such as "should I wait till Monday? Should I hold out for another few grand?"

If you mess these guys about, they will run. FTB's are notoriously choosy, often clueless (remember the blue Arsewipex?) and as nervous as hens with PTSD. They will head for the hills at the first sign of duplicity on your part, be it real or imagined.

Sorry to go and on. S xx
  • You are spot on smodlet :)
    I'll not look at potential poundsigns first. I'll think as fair as I can for all co concerned and hope for the best:)
  • Smodlet
    It's not about being "fair" to them so much, as purely being seen to be dealing honestly. Sorry if I've already mentioned this but we were all primed and ready to go and view what, on RM seemed like an absolute bargain only to be told the vendors had accepted an offer but were still having viewings. I told the EA where to stick his viewing; no-one wants to be jerked around like that. If we had offered higher and they accepted, they had already shown they would do us over if someone else offered higher still.

This is the worst thing about the property market in England, the level of trust necessary between chains of complete strangers. It does not happen in Scotland or many other places, I believe. Wish I could figure out where everyone selling goes while their houses are open to view for days or weeks...
  • Yeah , very true .
    At this moment , I do fell for first bidders . Whether they get it or not, they must be anxious now .
  • patchwork_cat
    patchwork_cat Posts: 5,874 Forumite
    edited 19 August 2016 at 2:05PM
    I went AWOL for a day with A level excitement here and look what happens! Don't lose a sale for £5k seriously, you just offer less at the other end, simples! In Poole if they are asking £220K and you have taken a 5% drop, you offer 5% less, £209k! Plenty in Parkstone area for that price. Yeah onward and upward. That rearrange and tidy up must have been epic, do you wish you had done it earlier?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure