PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Kenwood Chef - Fun and Practical

Comments

• hayley11
    hayley11 Posts: 7,625
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I bought a Kenwood Major KM020 for my (home based) cake making business, cost a pretty penny (I did save £30 by ordering from somewhere in Belfast though!) I used to have a Prospero but it was a bit small really, couldn't fit a 12" cake mix in it so had to mix it up in two lots which was annoying. This one is HUGE! I get a free attachment with it from Kenwood so I think i'm going to go for the mini mill thingy or maybe the ice cream maker, so heard to decide!!

:)
    :heart: Think happy & you'll be happy :heart:
    I :heart2: my doggies
  • Rossy2692 wrote: »
    Sourdough bread kneaded in mine today, made someyesterday but was a disaster this morning as i couldnt transfer it to the baking stone so in the bin it went :( my first disaster, not the Kenwoods fault like but my lack of experiance! Back at it today as my sourdough starter is so lively i just KNOW he will do me proud! Happy Kenwooding!

Hey Rossy, I made some cheese bread and it was just horrible stodge, even the birds didn't want it! I hate throwing stuff away, especially when I have toiled so hard to make it! Good luck with your next sour dough bread.
  • Sounds good, I didn't know they did one.
    Lol, I remember my mum having something similary when I was little only it was powered by water (you attached it to the cold tap with a short piece of hose-like pipe) rather than by a Kenwood. I did smile when I saw one came as a Kenwood attachment.
    Peachy, I know exactly what you mean. My mum also had one too, it used to make one he'll of a noise whilst all the taters rumbled round in the peeler. We loved to watch the spuds change colour....simple things kept us amused then......

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenwood-Chef-Potato-Peeler-Attachment/dp/B0047AQ0G2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355001589&sr=8-1 :)

I have slightly dodgy joints and find peeling painful, so hoping this might be a good solution!

Glad the puppy is a bit better, marmite.

I've never made bread before, but hope to, so I will require hand holding after I get my Kenwood at Christmas! :o
    :heart: Mummy to an amazing little girl :heart:
  • GarnetLady wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenwood-Chef-Potato-Peeler-Attachment/dp/B0047AQ0G2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355001589&sr=8-1 :)

I have slightly dodgy joints and find peeling painful, so hoping this might be a good solution!

Glad the puppy is a bit better, marmite.

I've never made bread before, but hope to, so I will require hand holding after I get my Kenwood at Christmas! :o

We will help you GarnetLady, it took me a good few loaves before I found the right recipe, right mixture, and right oven temp. :)
  • Rossy2692
    Rossy2692 Posts: 592
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 9 December 2012 at 8:37PM
    Well 'he' is in his loaf tin so hopefully he will produce my first half decent sourdough creation!!! Must admit 5 hours into the 12 hour prove and he is looin a lil lively!!!

I MUST be doing something right with my starter! :D

***UPDATE**** Got up this morning and 'he' had gone over the edge of the tin and dived :( bin it went, made me realise that my starter is pretty strong so maybe i need to cut the prove time down. Learn as i go with this lil critter!

No bread so i made my trusted recipe and low and behold i got side tracked and it over proved!! In a panic i re kneaded by hand and put back in its tin and left............waited...........waited......and sucess!! He rose to live another day! In the oven he went and voila! A fab loaf just in time for tea!! :)
    :j Started my weightloss journey, its neverending!! :j

Weightloss challenge 2/14

:p "Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get":p
  • Well its bread again tonight! Judging by my expanding waistline i better give the cakes, scones, biscuits a rest for a while :S hehe

:p "Life is like a box of chocolates....you never know what you are gonna get":p
  • Rossy2692 wrote: »
    Well its bread again tonight! Judging by my expanding waistline i better give the cakes, scones, biscuits a rest for a while :S hehe

I made some choc chip muffins today for my lovely 'techie' boys who always sort out my laptop/iPad problems. Well, I made twelve.......ther are ten left! :)
  • Bread! Bread! Bread! Its all i dooo! That dough hook is getting worn out!

• peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    :rotfl::rotfl:

I ordered a new loaf tin yesterday, the one I have is far too small for a 2lb loaf, even though that's the size it's meant to be, it makes silly mushroom shaped loaves that are difficult to slice. The one I ordered makes a nice long loaf which 'should' come out a more even shape, hope it's here in time for the weekend :j
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've made some rye bread today - half rye flour, half wholemeal - but the Kenwood didn't really like it as it didn't form a nice ball of dough. Mind you it might have been better if I'd used white flour instead of the wholemeal. I might try that next time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure