Slimming World - Extra Easy weight loss!!

Comments

• aliscrapper
    aliscrapper Posts: 510 Forumite
    Hey everyone, I had weigh in today, and maintained.....I'm pretty happy with this as was away for a hen weekend and drank copious amounts of alcohol! I think I'm back on track, my eating had definitely been better and I hope to continue the good habits through to next week!

I've also made the SW chillinn from this months' magazine and its gorgeous. I thoroughly recommend you try it!

Well done for maintaining despite the odds!:T
  • Felicity
    Felicity Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    lynzpower wrote: »
    Sounds really nice felicity! Just I guess wondering how much oil is in there but I cant see there being much, if I were to make noodle soup I wouldnt - thees nothing worse than the oil slick bubbles that can sit on the top of chinese soups :(

Yes, I could see the oil bubbles, but any amount of oil in a clear soup would show up and I am guessing with a fat cointent of 0.6% it is not too bad.

I dont have my password this week so would love to know the syns if anybody has time to look them up.

I am also wondering if it will be heavier on green or red as it had small amounts of both chicken and noodles in it. I dont do EE yet!
  • aliscrapper
    This subject was brought up at our last quarterly meeting and opinions seemed to be divided. In my opinion as long as it's eaten as part of a meal (ie: with a big salad or even hot, roast veg) then it's fine. The problems arise when it is eaten as a snack, between meals. At the end of the day, you have to consider the amount of calories in it. It's not like jacket potatoes, where the filling power outweighs the calories if you see what I mean.

Over the years that I have been both a member and a Consultant with Slimming World, they have changed the syn values of many foods. Often this has been because the actual recipes have changed, but more often it's been to remove an over-processed food from the 'free' list as the move has been towards eating more and more fresh products.

Hope that helps clarify :)

Thanks Consultant. I have been guilty of eating the quiche as a snack; but the nearer I'm getting to my target; the less I'm being able to bend the rules; so think I would only now have the pasta quiche as part of a meal. It is ideal for a packed lunch.

Can I pick your brains over something else please?? I've found out that my portion control is probably more than it should be and as a result I've gained weight even tho I've stuck to the Plan. Due to medication I find it difficult to know when I'm full. Is there anything you could give me as a guide as to how much I should have on my plate please?? I so wish someone would just serve my meals up for me and then I would know I was okay!:rotfl:

Thanks again.:beer:
  • aliscrapper
    whoopidoo wrote: »
    Oooh blimey I've missed a convo and half here :P

All I know is... I lost 2lb! And that was with having some of my OH's gooooorgeous crumble (def not SW! But he made me up a dinky little ramkin dish so that I wouldn't go overboard) on top of my rhubarb the other day and had a G&T and a red wine last night! So pleased. Greens the way to go for me! Wooo! Was so worried the extra HE would go against me!

Well done Carmen!:T:j
  • whoopidoo
    whoopidoo Posts: 1,549 Forumite
    Thanks Ali. :D

Am now gutted, been fancying a Quorn Sweet & Sour stir fry so bought Uncle Bens Light sauce but it's come up as 13 syns across all the plans :eek: I know I would only use half a jar at a time but still! Does anyone know of a sweet & sour sauce that's quite low synned for the future? Never made my own before so wouldn't have a clue what goes in it. I was the same with chilli and now I would never go back to jarred chilli sauce so hoping this might be the same :)
    :staradminHuuuuuuge thank you hugs to all posters:staradmin
  • aliscrapper

Am now gutted, been fancying a Quorn Sweet & Sour stir fry so bought Uncle Bens Light sauce but it's come up as 13 syns across all the plans :eek: I know I would only use half a jar at a time but still! Does anyone know of a sweet & sour sauce that's quite low synned for the future? Never made my own before so wouldn't have a clue what goes in it. I was the same with chilli and now I would never go back to jarred chilli sauce so hoping this might be the same :)

Your welcome!:)

I know how you feel - we occasionally have the Seeds of Change Balti Sauce which is 13 syns a jar! OH doesn't get why I don't like to have it too often as it is still a good portion of your syns gone in a day!:eek: But then again OH needs to gain weight!:(:rotfl:
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post

Maybe MsMcawber can let us know, or maybe on minimins- there is a SYNfree or v low syn one,I know it is in the "sauces" book that is meant to be coming in the post to me any day now :j

edit here ya go
    http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/136351-yummy-sweet-sour-chicken-takeaway-style-syn-free.html
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Hi there felicity...
    I have it coming out at 2syns per 100ml on EE -

Whoopidoo -I have 3 SW recipes for sweet n sour -we tried the 1st on yesterday (1.5syns) per serving...here you go I have copied this over (excuse the waffle)
    Sweet n sour sauce *
    serves 4 @ 1.5syns each

freezer friendly
    1. 113g/4oz canned pineapple chunks in juice (cut into small pieces)
    2. 5tbs stock made with chicken bovril (I used 1/2 a chicken oxo with 5tbs hot water)
    3. 2tbs soy sauce
    4. 1tbs white wine vinegar
    5. 4tbs orange juice
    6. 1tsp sweetener
    7. 1tbs tomato puree
    8. 2tbs diced red pepper
    9. 2 level tsp cornflour
    10. seasoning
    • drain the pineapple juice into a pan
    • add all the other ingredients *except the cornflour and pineapple chunks)
    • bring to the boil and simmer gently for 5mins
    • mix the cornflour with a little cold water, stir into the pan and heat gently until thickened -remove from heat and stir in the pineapple
    • season to taste and serve
    For ours I :-
    1. heated 1tsp of oil in the wok and added the pork chunks to seal,
    2. added onions + sliced spring onions and cooked for 2-3 mins
    3. threw in diced peppers, carrot strips, mange tout, baby corn, beansprout and bamboo shoots -cooked for about 5 mins over a high heat and moving all the time
    4. I then added in the sweet n sour sauce and cooked for a couple more minutes
    5. In the end I served it with basmati rice (50g dry weight per person)
    It was rather nice but for us had "something" missing -there were leftovers -so hubby added 1 dried chilli when he re-heated it for his supper and it was very nice (I pinched a fork full to try wink.gif)

*taken from SW 100 sauces

If you try it and aren't keen I will post the other ones -I started with this one as it was lowest in syns ;)
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    oohh lynzpower -we crossed posts...great minds:-)
    ooohhh and another one for me to try mmmmmmmm
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • Felicity
    Felicity Posts: 1,064 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MRSMCAWBER wrote: »
    Hi there felicity...
    I have it coming out at 2syns per 100ml on EE -

Oh no, how disappointing! I really thought it would be very low, turns out I have had over 18 syns today, am amazed! When I think of all the things I could have had for those syns :-(

Quorn stir fry for dinner it is!

... Then back to the drawing board for different things to have for meals out.

Thank you very much for looking it up for me though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure