Vegan, Bipolar and in Debt.

Options

Comments

• Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done on your wombles and your life modelling.

I know what COS and CS are but what is SH? I'm always on the hunt for more.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • evkizzy
    evkizzy Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    Florence_J wrote: »
    Well done on your wombles and your life modelling.

I know what COS and CS are but what is SH? I'm always on the hunt for more.
    SH is my short hand for Shopitize (maybe it has another abrv. on here.)
    Ev Kizzy Make £10 A Day August Challenge: £364.54/£310
    Loan: remaining balance £771/ £3,500 CCs: paid £194.76/£4436.75
    NST No.17 for August.
    SPC9 - #554
  • evkizzy
    Options
    Ugh! Life is throwing everything it’s got at me at the moment. :wall:

Went to the bank to see if they could figure out a way to reduce interest on CCs as I’m paying more interest than payments atm and I’m not eligible for other cards so balance transfers are out of the window. That ended in my crying and feeling helpless... Then I got a balance sheet workbook thing to work through then return for another meeting to see what can be done...

I went home and found my poor baby (cat) Minky got hit by a car today. :cry: He has deep cuts and bruises all over his face, a bloodshot eye, smashed teeth and splintered claws and bloody paws. :(
    So aside from huge emotional distress, mainly on my part, and severe physical pain, on his, I was almost crippled by a vet bill of £70!!! :eek: _pale_

Either Karma has got in for me or..... well, I have no reason why all this bad stuff is happening all at once.

My mental health along with my healthy eating has gone out the window this past week... think I need to surround myself with IRL lovely people for hugs. Gosh, I could use them right now. think I’ll try and take the rest of the month off and start again fresh in September.

I’m feeling overwhelmed and maybe taking some recharge time will help.... maybe?

Over and out...for now.
    NST No.17 for August.
    SPC9 - #554
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    So sorry to hear that about your cat is he in a stable condition?
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • I'm so sorry for the last few days. Be kind and gentle with yourself without self destructing if you can. Your luck will turn.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hang on in there...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thinking of you x
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • evkizzy
    edited 2 September 2016 at 2:40AM
    Options
    Thanks Bob, WTGGT, DIA & Flo.
    After costing me a small fortune in wet cat food Minky's mouth has healed really well and he's pretty much eating properly again. His wounds have healed into pretty badass looking scars. He's gone from a butler to a biker haha (he's a tuxedo cat). :cool:

After a week at home recovering from a sh***y week I managed to go room to room and have a massive "spring" clean/sort out and have 4 boxes for the charity shop 3 boxes to sell and a bag of clothes I think my friends would like first dibs on before I donate them. Phew!
    After all that we had a gathering/mini cocktail party to end my August sobriety and as everyone chipped in for everything, it cost me around £20 and we barely got through even a 3rd of the booze so we have planned another cocktails & mocktails party in November (which will be pre-paid for fun!). :beer:

I achieved 12 NSDs mainly by imitating a burrito with my quilt for 4 days in a row. It's below my target but above 10 so I'm pleased - given the last few weeks I've had.

I made £50+ over my M10AD target of £310. :D which has meant I've paid off enough on my CC to cover my flights and AirBnB just in time for my holiday next week (1 week to go :eek: ).

I've joined the NST thread for September and here's how my first day has gone:
    evkizzy wrote: »
    Day 1. First Thursday of the month is always a spend day as I run a gift shop within a cafe. It's in the next town over so a friend drives and we split parking costs and spend 2 hours working so we always get a coffee and a cake.

Before I went for gift shop duty, I popped to see a friend for a cuppa and a catch up which felt great as it had been months despite not living that far away.

While I was in town I popped to my hairdresser to get my fringe trimmed (free) and did a tiny shop for cleaning products - Astonish items are SFV and are £1 or less in Savers -as I'd totally ran out during the big clean in August; and a few fridge bits (sandwich slices for SO's pack up and dairy free cheese) from Holland & Barrett as they're having their BOGOHP on everything Sale from now-21st September.

My next door neighbour has had her whole family round over the last 3 days doing her garden which has only emphasised how huge the task of doing mine solo will be. She advised me on a local group that will help me clear it for cheap so I'm considering paying the £50 as it it a huge garden.

I batch cooked risotto tonight so we have a healthy "ready meals" this week and to use up some bits before we go on holiday.

I'm vegan so instead of clearing out the freezer for Christmas food I think I'llijust batch cook lots of curries/soups/casseroles/jambalayas etc. so we've plenty of hearty autumn food for if we've no time to cook.

Hope everyone has enjoyed their first day of September!

P.S. for those of you who did August, Minky is fully recovered and back to his old greedy, cuddly self!

All I need for this to be a great start to the month is some sleep.
    7 hours over 4 nights is not enough! I really need to get a Drs appt. sorted.

So.... did you miss me? :p
    NST No.17 for August.
    SPC9 - #554
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    I'm really pleased to read that you're on the up, even if you're exhausted...
    Also thrilled that Minky is better.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    You are back on form and so is Minky. Onwards and upwards :D
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills