Race Passion

Comments

• Mankysteve
    Mankysteve Posts: 4,257 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If there are legal proceeding under way neither of you should be discussing this on the internet.
  • Equaliser123
    Equaliser123 Posts: 3,404 Forumite
    Mankysteve wrote: »
    If there are legal proceeding under way neither of you should be discussing this on the internet.

No reason why not...
  • lmorton wrote: »
    The worst of the damage was not noticed until we took the vehicle to Iveco to have a new tyre as one was bald, they pointed out that our wheel nuts were not the same on the back as they were the front and conducted a saftey report, the back axle is not even for the model of van we have, that part alone costs over £2,000 and that's without vat or labour, the rest of the problems 'so far' were found by Iveco and are not something your everyday member of the public would be aware of. As soon as i am able to i will post the Iveco saftey report.

In total £12,500 was paid. £500 as a booking deposit, £6,000 to commence work, £6,000 on collection. That was also a carry on as he would not accept a cheque, bankers cheque or credit card payment for the final £6,000 it had to be a direct transfer into his bank account. I live at the top of Scotland and the van was in Wales. Trading standards inform me that the company is liable up to six months after collection.
    IMO It sounds like you've got a pretty strong case, I imagine it's just going to be a matter of going through the a*** ache of getting it all sorted; it doesn't sound like they've got a leg to stand on!
    Stupid of the company to take such a difficult attitude to paying up when they're so clearly in the wrong (from what you describe). I hope you manage to get things sorted out swiftly, and if not I'd be sure to make sure that word of their shoddy service & attitude to customers gets spread around sites like this, and UK motoring sites! I guess you'd have to be careful what you say, to avoid leaving yourself open, but it's only fair that people who were thinking of using them know what they may be getting themselves into!
  • lmorton
    lmorton Posts: 32 Forumite
    I have been advised by trading standards only to speak to Paul formally so i hope you understand me not responding to his post.
    If you care to go to mxtrax forums and look for the section motocross shops you will note there are several threads about race passion and plenty of customers who are not satisfied. The section moderator has now made a sticky about the company, if you follow the thread there is a link to my blog with photo's and reports that you should view as even if i walk away from this with nothing i need people to know about this company so they do not go through the same thing.

Trading standards inform me that so long as what i put online is fact there is no problem letting the public know. I await the report about the interior which is as bad as the base vehicle, i will add it to my blog next week.
  • lmorton
    I am unable to post links as a new member but if you view Trumpton's post above you will note there is a link to my blog.

Today i recieved the interior workmanship report and have added it to my blog, perhaps someone with the facility to post photo's would care to add the report to this thread for me? Alternatively you may all view the report on my blog. Thanks.
  • trumpton
    trumpton Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    All those faults were noted after a one hour inspection... and a closer inspection is needed to ascertain the full problems and extent of remedial work required.

The OP's blog also has a pic of the estimate for repair work: almost £4000!!!

How the bloke has the cheek to come on MSE and claim his work is top notch, I really don't know. I hope people considering using Race Passions will google it thoroughly and see all the negative stuff out there about this company.
  • lmorton
    Race Passion have been kicking up quite a fuss about my blog and posts, they have been in touch with the company who done the interior report and the company now advise me that the report is for myself and trading standards only and not brought online.

I have today removed it from my blog, this makes me sad as when people do research online how can they make an informed choice of which company to use when said company gets all posts removed or off google view.
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 9 July 2010 at 2:22AM
    PLEASE NOTE - In accordance with MSE Rules, you need permission to post on this forum if you represent a company, for this reason I am reporting your posts to MSE.

You may well be a reputable company, but without permission from MSE, you are not allowed to promote, commercialize OR represent your company. MSE should have no issue in allowing you to post, but it needs to be within the rules n regulations of the MSE team.
    forum_faqs_small_bubble.gifHow do I get a right of reply on what's been said about my company?
    If you're from a company, have seen a post you feel is defamatory or abusive and would like the right of reply please email the Forum Team at [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL] to ask.
    A member of the MSE Team will carry out checks to confirm that you are authorised to represent the company in question.
    Provided you have authority to represent your company, you may either be asked to give a statement, which one of the MSE Team will post on your behalf in reply, or be given permission to post directly on the specific thread.
    Where permission has been given for you to post directly on a thread, a note from the MSE Team will appear on the thread confirming this.
    If someone has posted claiming to be from a company but this has not been followed by a MSE Team note confirming authorisation please report it to [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].
    To be fair to this company, I can only find one complaint online (via the OP), I have searched around Google but cannot find ANY other complaints regarding this company, this is not to say there arent any, but usually if a company is a scam, con or shabby business, the internet is buzzing with information (good or bad), to give potential customers a better idea of a companies reputation.
    trumpton wrote: »
    I hope people considering using Race Passions will google it thoroughly and see all the negative stuff out there about this company.
    It would be helpful if you could post a few of them NOT directly related to the OPs case, as I cannot seem to find them.
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • trumpton
    trumpton Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    There are a few things mentioned on Moto X forums, though they tend to be brief on detail and in language unrepeatable here.

There is a suggestion here that two weeeks ago, Race Passions posted on the mxtrak Moto Cross forum pretending to be a satisfied customer:

http://forums.mxtrax.co.uk/showthread.php?t=276447

The Moderator posted: "Just to let everyone know - 'derby MXer' registered on the forum using a 'racepassion.co.uk' email address. That basically tells you all you need to know. I've seen some pretty shabby attempts at deception over the years, but this one is right up there with them."

This doesn't do much to bolster my confidence that Paul is an honest trader with one dissatisfied customer.
  • lmorton
    Hello everyone

First apologies for being absent from the thread for so long, we moved house and today is my first day back online. I have been in regular contact with trading standards and the case is proceeding, its a slow process but we are getting there and as far as i can 'legally' i will keep you all informed right up to the outcome.

I was disappointed that i had to remove the interior report from online view but do also understand the level of harrassement people can recieve due to their phone number being online. I have taken legal advice and it is perfectly ok for me to type out the initial report ommitting contact details, i will also type out the remedial work reqired if anybody is in any doubt as to what the below report does not clarify regarding items requiring work carried out, further to that any member wishing proof of authenticity of the report may contact my trading standard officer direct. [EMAIL="gary.glasgow@aberdeenshire.gov.uk"]gary.glasgow@aberdeenshire.gov.uk[/EMAIL]

Report on Iveco daily conversion to Motorhome and Dog transport.

Gas storage for propane is accessed entirely from inside the vehicle & not sealed to the interior, no high level ventilation provided, no lock on access door. Low level ventilation & gas drop ok.

Dog transport area severely lacking in ventilation at both high and low level.

All cupboards hinges are too strong & or wrong type

Main living area has severe lack of windows & ventilation

Cupboard falling off wall, fixings inadequate

Double 240v socket in high level cupboard is of no use as access can only be had with cupboard door open

No automatic shut off tap on hob/sink lid

Fridge has no exhaust vent visible, i assume it vents to the inside

No gas drop for fridge or hob

Position of microwave unsuitable, almost at floor level

Toilet compartment has no ventilation of any description

Wardrobe is totally inadequate as it would only hold 2 dresses or 2 coats, if in fact there actually was a hanging rail

Hot air space heater, exhaust position suspect

Bunk framing very weak and is falling apart

No double bed conversion has been supplies

High level bed has no access ladder, is badly designed. Two children might just be able to sleep here, but no stretch of the imagination would allow 2 adults to use it

Cab to living accomodation partition very poorly finished

In conclusion this unit is very badly designed & has a total disregard of most of the rules of manufacture

A provisional estimate for the 'repairs' as detailed above would be £3,938.00 excluding VAT.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure