Unlock Mobile Phone - PIN Number

pigsmightfly
pigsmightfly Posts: 1,120 Forumite
Hi all,

I recently bought a mobile phone from Ebay, a Samsung E250.

The phone works great but I have gone to change the pin number and it will not let me.

I contacted the seller to ask what their pin was but they said they never used a pin in the phone and the only one they thought it might be does not work.

I have tried 0000 which is sometimes standard but this does not work either.

Does anyone know if there are any ways of unlocking this or resetting the pin number in the phone?

Many thanks

:rolleyes:

Comments

• reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,916 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    8888 i think was the default for samsungs keep in mind get it wrong more than 3 times you'll probably get locked out of the phone
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • pigsmightfly
    reehsetin wrote: »
    8888 i think was the default for samsungs keep in mind get it wrong more than 3 times you'll probably get locked out of the phone

Thanks. Have tried that and that doesn't work either though :rolleyes:
  • Intasun32
    Intasun32 Posts: 443 Forumite
    On Nokia handsets there is 'restore factory settings' which is a reinstall of the software. It also removes all previous settings, including passwords, back to as stated in the manual. Not having used a Samsung I don't know if this facility is available, worth looking into.
  • 1234 is a common default too!
  • agsnu
    agsnu Posts: 1,457 Forumite
    Intasun32 wrote: »
    On Nokia handsets there is 'restore factory settings' which is a reinstall of the software. It also removes all previous settings, including passwords, back to as stated in the manual. Not having used a Samsung I don't know if this facility is available, worth looking into.

Doesn't restore factory settings require you to put in the phone PIN?
  • james-73
    james-73 Posts: 507 Forumite
    First Post
    turn phone on without sim, type:

*2767*3855#

it will reset the code to 0000.

br
  • pigsmightfly
    james-73 wrote: »
    turn phone on without sim, type:

*2767*3855#

it will reset the code to 0000.

br

Thank you...this has worked now.

:j
  • Hi,

First, find companies which offer unlocking services. You have to pay a small amount of money in exchange for the service. By the unlocking phone company, you may be given unlocking equipments or products that could unlock any type of phone or a phone-specific unlocking tool. These tools or equipments are really useful but if you only need it once it is practical to avail the service and not the tool because it is quite expensive. The next unlocking option is to ask help from your service provider. You need to call and talk with customer representative and state that you want to unlock your phone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure