The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Car Radio Unlocking

Comments

• poorcat
    poorcat Posts: 135 Forumite
    I needed my radio unlocking recently after disconnecting the battery to change a lightbulb - Ford dealership not only wanted to charge £15 for the code, but then claimed the radio wouldn't pop out easily, and said we needed to pay for an hour's work to jemmy it out of the dashboard!
    So we took it to the non-dealership garage who usually fixes our car, the mechanic popped it out easy as anything, then rang his mate at the Ford garage and got us the code for free. Didn't us cost a penny.
  • timmo44 wrote:
    I bought a programme off a guy on Ebay for £5.99 when I needed the code for mine. It works fine and now I can decode anyone elses too. Anyone need a code? I'll tell you it for free! Just need serial number and model of stereo...

Hi was wondering if Timmo or anyone else could help me as well.
    I have a vauxhall astra and after having a flat battery i too had to re enter the stereo code.
    I have entered the code which the guy i bought the car from gave me and yes the radio part works, unfortunately it has a seperate code for the CD part of the stereo which no one seems to know.

HELP please
  • m00nie
    m00nie Posts: 2,314 Forumite
    any chance of another volvo

serial =VO652FB901B145
    model VC601.

cheers
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,428
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    FORD have provided codes for at least 6 radios over the last 10 years and NEVER CHARGED ME ONCE !
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • Depends who serves you i suppose
  • damski_2
    damski_2 Posts: 522 Forumite
    Timmo

can u do Nissans????

if so i will drag the radio out of the dash in tomorrows daylight

cheers

hour.gif

Adamski
  • Philips, delco, grundig are not supported by this program, you have to pay £14.99 for them.
  • BritBrat
    BritBrat Posts: 3,764 Forumite
    Vauxhall codes aren't included in my decoder that I can see. I've sent you a PM.

Got it See your PM, I would still like to try it.
    1755 this might help

Thanks securityman.
  • midfax
    midfax Posts: 14 Forumite
    I recently bought a ford mondeo, the radio was locked and no record kept.
    Ford charge to about £25 To unlock. Being a money saver I refused to pay this.
    So i found out that you can buy an unlocking program on ebay for £1.
    Getting the radio out was a bit of a pain but, with 4 cheap screwdrivers (£1 from the pond shop) I eased the radio out and found the serial number.
    Once you have this you can run your program, inset your serial number and it gives you the code. total cost £2. ... It did however worry me that it was so easy to do and that thieves could, and probably do, use this program
  • emujuice
    emujuice Posts: 930 Forumite
    Hi,
    I have a vauxhall corsa, which also locked me out of the radio, when the battery died. Unfortunately it says i've attempted to unlock it ten times (which I haven't), and so won't accept the code, which i do have.
    Any ideas? or do i have to bite the bullet and take it to the dealership, where they will no doubt charge me to reset it.
    Has anyone else had this problem?
    Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport