PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Recipes for pork mince

Options

Comments

• annie-c
    annie-c Posts: 2,542 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, agree with above, use as beef mince - for future reference, you can also use turkey and lamb in same way. Rememeber though that pork (and turkey too) is lighter coloured than beef or lamb, so you might want to brown it first or use some dark stock to give a 'meaty' colour to the final dish.
  • demented_2
    demented_2 Posts: 455 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I had that problem a while ago, I found a recipe for pork and leek sausages. MY lot woun't eat bought sausages anymore, anyway here is the
    recipe that i used you can adjust it to suit you self.
    1/2 pint of chicken stock
    2 0z Leek finely shredded
    12 0z minced pork
    4 0z shredded beef suet
    1 teaspoon of finely chopped fresh sage
    1 table spoon of fresh white breadcrumbs
    1 beaten egg
    splodge of worcester sauce.
    1/2 0z plain flour
    grated zest of lemon ( i used it the first time then i omited it the next time)
    salt and pepper
    Vegetable oil for frying

Bring the chicken stock to a rapid boil, add the leeks and simmer them for about 30 seconds.
    Remove the blanched leeks and leave to drain and cool.
    Put all of the other ingredients except the oil into a bowl and mix together
    thoroughly. Then add the cooked and cooled leeks and mix them in as well,
    On a lightly floured surface divide and roll the mixture into sausage shapes. Put the sausages onto a dish and cover with cling film and put into fridge for about 1/2 hr or until chilled.
    Then either fry for 15-20 mins in the veg oil or put into oven on a tray and bake until cooked.
    I fried them in a frying pan the Ist time and they were nice.Then OH did them on a tray in the Oven and they were even nicer.

Ps you can basically put what ever herbs you like in to the mix. I am going to make some more this afternoon, going to try pork and apple for a change.
    And they freeze well too.
    Hope that is some help
    demented.
    20p savers club
    before joining had nothing
    joined on 19/03
    now have £40.00 saved :j :j :j
    saving to pay off debts Debts now paid off. Yeah.
    Amazon sellers club member 31
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    oh yum !!! i neeeeed to try those too ,they sound pretty easy :)
  • second_chance
    second_chance Posts: 273 Forumite
    Options
    have opted to do a bolognaise as i have all ingredients thanx v much xx:D
    Stepchange dmp £6350
    Debt free date jul 2021

Emergency fund needs refuelling!

Aiming for a debt free stress free life with some money in the bank!
  • wigginsmum
    wigginsmum Posts: 4,150 Forumite
    Options
    Mix with chopped onion & garlic, chopped dried apricots, bind with a beaten egg, and fry or grill (they're nicest if they're quite small). Serve with a soy sauce/strawberry jam/garlic/rice wine dip.
    The ability of skinny old ladies to carry huge loads is phenomenal. An ant can carry one hundred times its own weight, but there is no known limit to the lifting power of the average tiny eighty-year-old Spanish peasant grandmother.
  • Mr_Proctalgia
    Mr_Proctalgia Posts: 967 Forumite
    Options
    I canot add anything to the recipes given above but I often use beef and pork mixed 50/50 - They work very well together, in fact it is sold on the continent as 50/50 and often used to make meatballs (Frickadellen). When using the pale coloured minces I add a couple of drops of gravy browning to get the correct colour and when I am adding bread, onion, stuffing mix, rusk or egg etc. I put all the ingredients into a stout bowl and get stuck in with my old style tatty masher, it only takes a few seconds to combine everything.

HTH
    The quicker you fall behind, the longer you have to catch up...
  • ladygrey_2
    ladygrey_2 Posts: 374 Forumite
    Options
    I often use pork instead of beef in dishes
    bolognese and lasagne taste exactly the same
  • patchwork_cat
    patchwork_cat Posts: 5,874 Forumite
    Options
    pork mince is really nice in Fajitas
  • flufff
    flufff Posts: 899 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Ive just got 3 packs beef mince through r&r today.Can I ask about the meatballs?I dont like frying food.Will they bake in the oven or will that make them flatten and spread?Many thanks
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i do them in a frying pan but with only a spray of oil so they arent all greasy etc just enough to moisten the bottom of the pan really to stop them sticking !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure