limitation act 1980

....................................................................................................................................................................
Dear Sir/Madam!

Re: Acc no: Ref no:

No debt is acknowledged to you. You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.!

I would point out that under the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5 “an action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.”.!

The last correspondence/payment/acknowledgement of this debt was made over six years ago and no further acknowledgement or payment has been made since that time. Unless you can provide evidence of payment or written contact from me in the relevant period under Section 5 of the Limitation Act, I suggest that you are no longer able to take any court action against me to recover the alleged amount claimed.!

I await your written confirmation that no further contact will be made concerning the above account and confirmation that this matter is now closed.!

I look forward to your reply.!

Yours faithfully!
can anyone confirm that this letter is still correct as i have recently received a letter regarding a debt from at least 2007 as i am now a unemployed single parent having relocated it would be nice to know my old life is not moving with me .

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport