Budget Wars - A New Hope (with apologies to George Lucas)

Comments

• Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Hope you're okay Bob x
  • Hey Bob,

Hope you're okay?

Sorry about so called friend, I too hope they get a nasty collection of warts!

Fingers crossed that the bookings build up, I'm sure they will.

Chin up lovely xx
  • emmie26
    emmie26 Posts: 500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hope you are ok bob x

Total Debt: [STRIKE]£24,359.79[/STRIKE] £16,452
    debt reduced by 32%
    Debt free date: May 2019
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Thinking of you all x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Hello All

Thanks so very much for thinking of me. I am just wolfing down some dinner before I head out again. I really don't think I've ever been so time poor in my life.

I hope all of you have enjoyed today, the sun is a bit much for me, but I know a lot of people love it.

Back later

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Hello All

Thanks so very much for thinking of me. I am just wolfing down some dinner before I head out again. I really don't think I've ever been so time poor in my life.

I hope all of you have enjoyed today, the sun is a bit much for me, but I know a lot of people love it.

Back later

Bob

Yay you're here! I was getting worried ;)

Hope all is well x
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Glad to hear from you x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi Bob, I feel rather foolish for only just spotting your DFD after you have been so positive and encouraging to me. I'm not really very good at this.

Your tale of a friend and money brought back memories. When I met DH he was living abroad and renting out his place to a friend of a friend. Only that person didn't have to pay rent, only to pay the bills. Only they hadn't! It was awful. I do sympathise. Sending you best wishes, I have subscribed.
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 25.04% spent or £754.10/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Glad you're ok Bob - I can totally relate with time issues... :D
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi Guys

So, I'm allowing myself to be a teeny bit pleased today. I sent out my highest ever invoice. It's not all due now and there is still the actual getting in of the money, but, it's a solid booking over several dates.

I also had a new booking today which came via WOM and fills a hole left by a late cancellation. So I will have gone from making about £80 for a date to £225.

In terms of enquiries things are definitely back up. I think the 4 weeks dry spell ended around the 12th.

This week is full on despite the heat. I'm heading out in an hour to do a lock up. Back in first thing. In and out due to timings and school runs. We have our washing machine finally being repaired tommorow. We've been without for around a week and a half I think. Thank goodness for OH strong arms to do all the wringing out as my shoulders were killing me.
    Wednesday I have 3 viewings spread out throughout the day so will be viewing 1, viewing 2, school run, drop kids home to OH then viewing 3.
    Thursday we have someone in in the evening for 3 hours, which is a tricky one as hardly worth coming home but too long to hang around.
    Friday in and out and a late lock up.
    Saturday a viewing then a booking I'm dreading but needs must.
    Sunday a let in and come back later.

I am finding I get around 2 hours per day to actually work on the business rather than in it, or looking after DD. Hence this place taking a hit.

Still feel I am doing a lot of running around for people to try and make things work for them​. But it's in my nature to want to help. I am aware of it though and will be reviewing whether I do some things again if I don't feel appreciated.

DH enjoyed father's day which is good. We managed to take him out for coffee despite the schedule and we also managed to cook his favourite meal and dessert.

Not sure what I think at the moment about everything. There is such a sad mood over London with ever thing that's been happening. It has definitely affected me and I feel like everything else is rather insignificant really.

I'll keep moving and give myself a free pass if I don't feel like doing cartwheels down the high street at the moment.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport