Time to start again

happy_daddy_2
happy_daddy_2 Posts: 379
First Post
Forumite
edited 22 January 2013 at 1:28PM in Debt free diaries
Originally i was doing a thread regarding my quest to clear my debt unforyunately i had a wee bit of a disater moment Cup of Tea going over the computer= busted computer :( any way i am back online and ready to tackle debt i am arouund 5k in debt but already on a DMP which is due to end in June 2014 however i want to focus on clearing debt sooner and setting myself up for a brighter future for me and my daughter. My daughter is from a previous relationship she comes and stays with me on a weekend. I am looking forward to tackling debt and i hope that people will enjoy my story i am going to sign off for the night and start officially in the morning Goodnight one and all and heres to a good weekend :D

[FONT=&quot][threadbanner]box[/threadbanner][/FONT]

Comments

• Well first day of money saving and i have signed up for collecting 20ps in 2013 really excited about the next year ahead i have a good feeling that i can be debt free by the end of 2013- So here we go its the weekend i have my daughter and although my life isnt perfect i am in a better situation than others, i am having a think about what i can do with her this weekend, i think a nice make a cake and eat it with a few other activities will be on the cards, whatever people are up to make it a good weekend folks :O)
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Good morning happy daddy :)
    Have you posted up a Statement of Affairs yet?
    Thats generally the first thing to do, so that people can look through it and advise you of ways to cut down on your expenditure, and/or increase your income. You'll find the sticky for it at the top of the DFW board.

Good luck in clearing your debt :)
  • Tiglath
    Tiglath Posts: 3,816
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Good luck :) Have you thought of joining the 'Pay off as much as you can 2013' challenge? I've moved to leaving the debit card at home and having 2 grocery and personal physical purses to contain the weekly budget. When it's gone, it's gone so it's forcing me to make it last. I'll even whip out the calculator to keep tally of the price as I go round the shops, and I always shop with a list. Everything but £1s and 50ps go into my terramundi pot for paying back into my bank account every few months; banked £30 in 1ps and 2ps on Wednesday.
    "Save £12k in 2019" #120 - £100,699.57/£100,000
  • Welcome to the boards mate - really liking your enthusiasm! I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on. There are a couple of really good challenges I am part of which keep me ticking over...

Weekly Spend Challenges (set a limit and don't go over)
    NSD months (set a number of No Spend Days for the month)
    Clear debt - 1 % at a time (breaks debt into doable 1% chunks!)

Good luck and great to have you here!!!

:D
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • Welcome to the party!

If you can free up some cash and maintain that attitude you will see £5k dissapear very quickly Daddy!:beer:
    Debtfree!

• Aww thanks for the lovely comments folks, for me this is the main aim to get people opinions suggestions as we are mostly on here for the same reason to clear debt Well my Saturday morning started well i have been with my beautiful daughter we spent the morning doing various things and keeping things basic, one thing that i have probably learned is that so many times i have flashed the cash and this has probably made me wreckless and leaded me to debt,so what have i done this morning ? I have learned my daughter how to play draughts, we have coloured in, I also went to Tesco for my dad to get a few wee bits of shopping my dad let me kindly have the tesco clubcard points thanks dad :) after dinner we watched the movie Shark tale, mid afternoon i went with my daughter to buy my mums birthday present something that i have done also is i have joined cokezone this is a rewards site from cocacola my dad is a big fizzy pop fan and i am going to try and captalise on this i am going to redeem the ringpulls and enter the codes aswell as saving the aluminium cans and cash them in at the local scrap yard every little bit of money helps :O) anyway me and my daughter are going to have a little late night watching Xfactor and I'm a celeb tomorrow after i finish work we are going to make cakes for tea plans for my daughter and i over this next week i want to make a papier mache savings pig with her aswell as making our very own snakes and ladders game and also we will be going to the local reindeer parade for us its something we go to each year and for us its like The countdown to christmas finally starts. Hope everyone is having a good saturday evening happydaddyX

Spends so far
    ten pound birthday present for my mum
  • Well the end of day one at money saving and its time for bed i have been doing a wee bit of work aswell on swagbucks i have signed up for valued opinions and yougov good night everyone x
  • Hi Happy Daddy, look forward to following your story.

Have you tried the website Pinterest? There are thousands of ideas on cheap activities to do with young kids (and in fact thousands of ideas on just about everything else also). I spend half my life on there at the moment.

Good luck with your adventure :)
    :j
    I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy.
  • Joeygrey thank you very much for your help regarding your suggesting telling me about the website pinterest i will definately have a look on there for some help keeping a 9 year old entertained can be quite hard sometimes as my daughter still doesn't seem to understand the full concept of money and thinks that we always have to spend money to be entertained. Well my day has started off by a shift at work a nice short one to be honest 8-2 so i had to leave my daughter with my mum and dad, which is hard but with the nature of my work 2 weekends out of four i have to work, once i was at work i was reminded ' Oi why didnt you come to the house party last night 'oops, i did forget but on another way i was pleased the money i have saved by not going with alcohol and taxis and missing parenting time anyway i am going to finish my afternoon off with my daughter before she returns back to her mum, Hope everybody on Mse is having a goodweekend talk later happydaddy x
  • Sounds like you certainly a 'happy daddy' your daughter will benefit enormously from learning to have fun without costing a fortune, keep up the good work!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure