genuine work from home opportunities.Do they exist?

Options
Hi,
I have a full time job which pays fairly well,but I'm overstretched financially at the moment.

After a hard day at the office I slump in front of the TV but was wondering is there anything I could do while I watch Tv??stuffing envelopes? putting simple things together? I am aware that I wouldn't make my fortune but I feel the time sat in front of the TV is 'wasted'!!!

Any ideas gratefully received!:confused:

Comments

• Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    You could join something like Aqa if you have a PC/Laptop - then while you're watching TV you could be answering questions. Also join all the clickthrough websites like Quidco and Pigsback so you could do that while the TV's on?
  • jaytrojan
    Options
    Be suspicous of any that ask for money up front
    Live slow, Die old lol
  • sarmia
    sarmia Posts: 576 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Skint-catt - could I be nosey and ask what Aqa is ???????
  • Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    http://www.issuebits.com/vacancies.htm

Check this out - they don't continuously recruit in the UK so nows your chance.
  • sarmia
    sarmia Posts: 576 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks will do
  • NikkiP_2
    NikkiP_2 Posts: 106 Forumite
    Options
    to answer your question, yes they do exist. But watch what you join.
  • doodah
    doodah Posts: 531 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    how does being self employed affect your normal full time job?
    31/12/2006 £8395, 01/10/2008 £5089.73, 19/10/2010 £835.00 31/03/2011 £0.00
    Pigsback = £9.35 (£30 claimed), Quidco = £128.24 claimed
    Official DFW Nerd No. 264

Debt-free and Proud!
  • LouiseJ
    LouiseJ Posts: 11,156 Forumite
    Options
    It shouldn't affect your job at all from tax & NI issues but you will have to register with the HMRC to tell them that you have self employed earnings within three months or you may be fined and they will expect you to fill in a tax return. You should only need to complete a short one if your self employed earnings will be below £15000 a year and if you expect to have small earnings you will not have to pay class 2 NI at all (not sure of exact amount but I think it is the Lower earning limit which is about £5220 per year) you can apply for a certificate of exception if you dont need to pay NI class 2.
    But these things take time, I know that I'm, the most inept that ever stepped.
  • homeworkeruk
    Options
    Unless you're dealing with a local company, don't consider envelope stuffing jobs you see advertised. These are just thinly veiled recruitment scams whereby you are charged a fee and the "job" is simply advertisng the same or similar jobs and earning on each response you receive. The only envelopes you stuff are the SAE's people send asking for information, or sales leaflets you send out in the hope of earning commission.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure