A whole new world, for now

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 9,868
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Well today could be hot and sticky so that's another reason not to go to the networking event. Much better to stay at home and get stuck into a really good application. Useful to have crunchy feedback too, so long as your friend doesn't squash your confidence.
    The charity event sounds like fun! It's a treat for you and a freebie for them, and it will keep your hand in on that element of your work that you like best... win/win :)
    Good luck with the application.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,661
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    You are sounding good INOD. I know what you mean about doing things for free you have to be careful but on the few times I have done it I have generated money/resources/contacts as a result :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • for the last few evenings, OH and I have been working through where we want or see our future. Interestingly, he decided it'd be good to be mortgage free in 10 years. i wasn't overly impressed and pointed out that if we weren't, we'd be in default! he also thinks that he should start planning for retirement in 10 years. when he will be 60! scarily, he thinks that i'd find what he was saying reassuring. i know i'm a control freak but am starting to think that's a good thing. one of us needs to be.
    had a work meeting today and it went well. this is for the september job. it was only afterwards that i realised we hadn't agreed a price. not sure about how commercial I am.
    OH is off to see his parents in London this weekend. it'll be odd to be completely alone in the house for a few days. no dd, no dog. i'm supposed to meet a friend on sunday so fingers crossed that comes off. i am however determined to get some more stuff shifted. this is something that OH has committed to. hopefully, by the time I get him from the airport on Monday, i will have a collection for music magpie, ziffit and ebay. over the past few days I have realised that I need to give myself set working hours as I otherwise drift through the days attached to my laptop but doing little.
    I will hear on Monday if I am called to the assessment centre for the full time post.

Today I am grateful for
    Hot running water
    a money off voucher for a necessary item
    common understanding and purpose
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    You sounds I me you have some interesting opprtunities coming up. The free charity event my end with you getting more work. Whatever it's something to add to your portfolio.

Enjoy the few days of quiet and make the most of it.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Last night another ten books were identified that can leave the house. Some to chazza and some to resell sites. Though I'm glad that they pay the postage as it wouldn't be worth it otherwise.
    One client came back to me yesterday so I've a wee bit of work to do today. I also want to identify a few more books and get them packaged up. I'm hoping for a car free day today.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • Cherryfudge
    Forumite
    You've reminded me, I need to do something about books leaving the house - I sorted a few out a while ago and they're still here! I was thinking of Z!ffit... possibly... it's so long ago I can't be sure. :D
    I did wonder whether there's a minimum number they'll take?

• just read your diary - very inspiring that you found something wasn't working for you job-wise so changed it. All in favour of that! Am subscribing x
  • Cherry both ziffit and music magpie have a minimum of £5. I've hit it with ziffit with seven items. Am up to 18 with mm and still have about 50p to go. Hello coastal chick. Yes, I got out of a bad place just not sure that where I am is any better overall but I will live and learn.
    This evening I had the offer of a take away from OH and am feeling virtuous that I instead ate from stores. However, my sugar intake today was off the scale. I really need to learn how to eat.
    Gaps and structure are starting to appear, slowly but they are there. Tomorrow is an early start to get oh to the airport. While he's away I will be fudge making and baking for my mum's birthday on Monday. I also want to try out a carrot cake recipe for him.
    Today I am grateful for
    Communications
    Getting the floor cleaned
    Finishing an outdoor task
  • Cherryfudge
    Forumite
    Thanks INOD, I am sure I have enough unwanted books to fetch a fiver. Now all I have to do is organise myself.

Well done for eating from stores. :)

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,835
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Believe you me your sugar intake would not be as high as mine yesterday.
    Today has not started well either............
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback