NST - Amazing Aperire

Comments

• misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,877 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hope you have a lovely day skint teacher :D

A NSD 7/16 :)
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10542.72/£15000 (70.3% saved). Emergency fund - £1402.24/£1500 (93.5% saved).
  • Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Good morning everyone :)

Wishing you all the best SkintTeacher :);)

NSD No.12 here today

Wishing everyone a super NSD today :D
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Sorry been MIA for a few days, life has got in the way quite a bit but should start slowing down as relative is now out of hospital and much better. He will continue with his reduced mobility caused by Parkinsons and has decided to embrace the change to his life and adapt accordingly.

Well done on those who are still decluttering and those who appear to be doing mammoth clearouts - mothernerd and greent!!

Fmess - hope the dog is still ok. Our pets worry us don't they?

SkintTeacher - hope your wedding tomorrow goes fantastically!!

I have managed another couple of NSD's in the last few days. Today wont be as DD has a friend round for a sleepover and I need to get snacks plus will also gets some bits and pieces I need for Easter food.

Have a fab day everyone.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Today is Maundy Thursday - the word Maundy comes from the Latin word 'mandatum' which means commandment so as your leader I command that you all have a fab Easter Break and try to rest as much as possible (except to cook a roast dinner because no bank holiday is complete without a roast dinner!!).
    Eating excessive amounts of chocolate is a must!!!:EasterBun

Help yourself to an egg - t6352.gif

:icotbaske:easter_ba:icotbaske
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning EE

The messages from the dog sitter say that he is acting like normal and the vets have signed him off and just asked for us to keep a close eye on him. What a relief, it was very scary, especially not being there at the time.

The holiday is lovely and relaxed, we brought my grandad so everything is at a slow pace which suits me prefectly :)

I've only spent budgeted money so far and I'm hoping to have plenty left at the end :)

Have a lovely day all
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Skint Teacher and soon-to-be Mr Skint Teacher - Health and happiness to you both. Hope you have a wonderful day.
    Mrs H - Take care of yourself.
    Joe - Love reading your positive little posts over my coffee in the morning
    Everyone else - well done on all the things you've achieved so far this month

Went to collect my prescription yesterday but it hadn't been signed so will have to go again today. Oh well, it's another walk.
    Decluttered and defrosted both freezers. Can't believe how much food is in there. Next week's meal plan will include an awful lot of sausages and left over cooked chicken. I am going to attempt to make a chicken and leek pie tomorrow (Aldi have reduced their leeks to 19p). Not sure how that will turn out. Nothing ventured!
    Have been picking up the litter from the communal area every morning and it is looking so much better. Council came yesterday and delittered the surrounding area (not before time) so I shall include the lane behind our block now and try to keep it tidy, Lovely morning so I'll sweep the communal path as well. Hoping my efforts will inspire everyone else.
    Had a lovely day yesterday. Little ones were playing dress up and came in to show me all their costumes. Taught my little friend. Toni (hence my name) the song from the Wizard of Oz to go with her Dorothy costume. So much fun!
    Have a good day.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Fmess - Glad the dog is OK
    EE - I don't need any encouragement to eat excessive amounts of chocolate. Any excuse will do.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Fmess - so glad that your dog has been signed off from the vet xx

SkintTeacher - all the very best for this weekend! :love:

Today sees 1 parcel leaving the building (facebook sale) and hopefully some more enquiries about other stuff listed on there.

Nose back to the grindstone in DS3's room today - want to essentially finish it ready for the big garage clearout starting tomorrow :) Thankfully it's bin day today - we don't create much rubbish but my black bin is full with rubbish brought home from the charity I volunteer at (saves paying for disposal) My 3 recycling boxes are also rammed full (mostly our things, some from the charity) - and then I have a bag of fabric recycling out, a sack of cardboard and a small food waste caddy :) Garden bin is also full, but not being collected until next week :( But that does mean that all the recycling boxes and large black bin are nice and empty for the garage sort. I fully expect some fleebay items to emerge from there too and we are thinking about selling the large 8-man tent and buying a newer, slightly bigger caravan (have an old 2-3 berth bought specifically for a festival but a 4 berth would mean we can take smallest 2 away - and in more comfort that in the tent, where I struggle with my hips and back, even with a good, deep airbed) That would free up enough room that my car could fit in if we wanted (unlikely - I can't open the main garage door by myself - double door and there is a slope up to the garage - the weight and height (i'm short :D) mean I can't do it! At some point (way down the list on priorities) we will get an electric door so that isn't an issue)

So this weekend isn't going to be exactly restful - but productive in a good way, hopefully. Sunday will involve a roast dinner (yum) with any leftovers being frozen for DD to take back to uni and there is also a V1enetta in the freezer (the children love these and they are on offer at £1 atm) A trip to the GC is also on the to-do list for compost to start off some sunflowers with the children :)

And - inevitably - lots of :EasterBun:icotbaske:easter_ba:easter_os

Saturday is DS1's bday - but he is away until Monday afternoon, so celebrations will be delayed. In fact, any celebratory food will probably be delayed until the following weekend, as he is likely just to crash out and then OH is away for work Tues-Fri. The poor thing isn't even getting his cake :bdaycake:until Tues, as I am getting it from Pati55erie valer1e (gr0upon offer) and can't collect until Tues morning (pesky Bhols! :rotfl:) He is also somewhat lacking in presents, as he is getting driving lessons..

Looks like another gorgeous day here :T - I think my mum is coming down later with her hoolie dogs (Springers) for a walk with the children :)

Happy Thursday :) x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Apple muncher - would have carried a sandwich if I had any bread in the house. :oI did take water.:)

Roll on lunchtime I finish then, both bosses in most foul moods. How I didn't become a snappy turtle earlier I will never know.:p

Skint teacher oh good luck, hope you have the best day ever:D All the best for your future happiness together. xxx

Fmess glad your doggy is over the worse:)

Got grandkids and DD next 2 days so egg hunt at NT property for one day, just hope we miss the traffic jams by going out early.

Tomorrow walk in am as dry and then paint eggs at home.

Can't wait to get dentist over and done with today not till late afternoon , hope its not too traumatic. Glad they fitted me in so hopefully enjoy an egg or two over the weekend.

Mrs Hubbard these things happen, I will be getting back on track with you as Glasgow trip is costing more than I thought and NT membership is due, silly me forgot to budget for.:o

Have a Cheap and Cheerful weekend folks.:):)

Big Congratulations to MR & Mrs Skint Teacher. :T
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Today I am grateful for my workout, for plenty of walking, for technology, for a proper working washing machine, for leftovers making a meal, for birdsong, for my dh helping solve a dilemma, for the difference a little furniture rearranging makes, for wonderful staff looking after mum, for good friends.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure