PBR's "M" for "mortgage" diary!

Options

Comments

• mouche
    mouche Posts: 902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi PBR how's it going? Congratulations on the Christmas OP. I know what you mean about DS's growing. Mine is 10.5 months now and wearing 12-18 month clothes. And now he's started walking so I have to think about those horrendously expensive baby shoes! I've never bought a pair of shoes for £40 myself!

Plus, he's been really poorly of late (which is why I'm home on MSE on a Monday morning!) an though my boss is very considerate, it's a new job and the word 'probation' is haunting me. Not to mention the fact that I'm on unpaid carers leave while still forking out to the childminder. I know it's normal but still...Plus I have to work over Christmas thanks to not having any leave days left but CM is off from 24th -4th. Which means more unpaid leave! Oh well...rant over. Hope you and your family have a very merry Christmas and that some millionaire uncle pays off your mortgage as a present! :)
    Mortgage (original/ current):193,000 (23/09/11)/ £102,500 (07/11/2019)
    2019 Challenges: Make £300 a month: £9.71/£300 (January)
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,646 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    They were much nicer this time, but I got so drunk I forgot to use the coupon and then insisted on paying for the WHOLE LOT!

I'm sure I'll have more NON frugal tips tomorrow.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:oh dear! You are obviously much more forgiving than me - I'd still be seething!
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Sep 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2250/7000

Mortgage balance: £52660

• mouche
    Options
    I forgot to use the coupon and then insisted on paying for the WHOLE LOT!

I'm sure I'll have more NON frugal tips tomorrow.

Oh dear!!! I'm sorry but that made me laugh (out of pure sympathy of course!) :)

Hopefully they'll take you out in return someday and then - since you've set a precedent - you can drink a whole bottle of the most expensive wine on the list - and then say it was rubbish!

Merry Christmas!
  • mouche
    Options
    Oh I'm so sorry about the pay cut. But congratulations on the OP - it must feel good to see the total come down a bit. How's the LO doing? Mine had his first birthday on this week - how quickly they grow.

I've been using a budgeting app called toshl and it's really helped me focus my spending. I never managed to keep proper track of what we were spending on groceries etc. because I'd be too tired to update receipts into my computer. But with an app I can do it while I'm slumped on the couch. Maybe something to think about?

The snow is going to save me some money as well as had planned to take LO for some classes this weekend and I'm not going to risk it in this weather. So we'll have a nice frugal weekend ... now someone keep me off ebay!
  • poorbutrich
    poorbutrich Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    We've had a very expensive few days, but completely worth it! So ebay's free listing weekend could not have come at a better time. I've listed lots on there and would have started listing DH and DS if I hadn't run out of time.

And tomorrow is pancake day so there's a cheap meal right there before I give up spending money for Lent....
    Overpay!
  • poorbutrich
    Options
    Once you know the exact figure of your mortgage, making OPs becomes addictive. I'm getting a secret thrill out of watching the figures come down (and I do mean secret thrill - I bumped into a friend as I came out of S*ntander and told her what I had just done to be met with a bit of a blank look).

I have no money, but felt that a £500 OP was necessary yesterday! It makes for a very tight month, but we'll survive. When the weather gets a bit better, we're going to start planning growing our own veg again. We don't eat meat, but this "horses for main courses" scandal as got us thinking about the food chain. We don't eat processed food, but the more food you can grow yourself, the better for your health and pocket.

Think we'll start with courgettes as they are the most difficult for me to kill off....
    Overpay!
  • poorbutrich
    Options
    A NSD! It's been a while but it feels good! (Actually the day's not over yet, but as long as I stay away from the shops and the internet, I'll be ok).

I just need 9 more of these this month :rotfl:
    Overpay!
  • starnac
    starnac Posts: 5,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope all is okay PBR?
    Goals for September
    Declutter 10/20
    Money Made £56.52/£200
    Overpayments £0/£200 not this month as need to put into savings instead
  • Barbeduk
    Barbeduk Posts: 869 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi, I've just had an enjoyable break with a cup of tea reading your diary. Hope all is ok as you mentioned major changes. Am assuming you haven't posted again as you have been ebaying like a demon all weekend!

Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day, stay warm :)
    Make £2020 in 2020 £178.81/£2020
    SPC 13 #51
    Feb Grocery Challenge £4.68/£200
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Glad you escaped from Narnia :D. Look forward to hearing your news :j.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure