Debt Demolisher

Options

Comments

• motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Random update coming right up :D

Haven't updated too much lately, must try not to get distracted by useless nonsense. 'Family dramas' *sigh* DH is being a right plonker at the minute and I cant be dealing with it. Got me down a bit the past couple of days and now I refuse to let it get to me anymore (she says hopefully)

Anyway I have started my little pots of savings again, still only small amounts but its a start. Didn't manage to bash my small term goal as much as id hoped but I paid some towards it so a small bonus there. Next months payday I aim to pay a chunk to it if all goes to plan.

The BC that said they were unable to enforce, have sent another letter saying that they can enforce it now as they have located the correct paperwork and sent it to me. Whether its right or not I have no idea. Well it was good while it lasted. The postman usually brings me finance letters on a Saturday so I will see if there is anything nice in there today for me :D

Managed to do a grocery shop online with a £20 off an £80 shop. Took big advantage of that one and got a nice grocery shop for £60 this week. Happy days.

Planning a chilled day pottering around the garden having a general tidy up. Will try not to get sunburn this weekend like the last. I've started to peel now and it looks :eek:

I have also worked out that I have 21 working days until I get 6 weeks off woohoooo :T Cant wait for that one.

Enjoy the sunny weekend all
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • Tipsntreats
    Tipsntreats Posts: 8,612 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi Moti
    I thought I would visit Your dairy.:D
    I have an idea for you.
    I will PM details when I find the information.
    It is a way to make some money this Summer.:j
    animated-money-smiley-image-0021.gif
  • motivated
    Options
    Hi Moti
    I thought I would visit Your dairy.:D
    I have an idea for you.
    I will PM details when I find the information.
    It is a way to make some money this Summer.:j
    animated-money-smiley-image-0021.gif

Hi Tips and I like the idea of making money yes :D

Not updated my diary (again). I have let it slip as I get distracted on other threads that are a lot happier than my constant droning on about money and debt lol. Anyway I don't really have any financial news only that I'm still plodding along and waiting for payday next week so I will finally have some spare money to start my savings again. But I am still glad that my vet bills were paid by us and not Barclaycard or MBNA. This is a massive step forward for us.

Looking forward to having the school holidays off so I can recharge my batteries and get our finances back on track. Get my savings plans back up and running and move forward again.

Myself and DH are still getting along nicely, although every now and again he needs a little reminder about his spending habits ;)
    M
  • Tipsntreats
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Oh dear, Moti, I know you need a break, but it is good money during the holidays.
    If you need a rest then no point suggesting it.
    Just trying to help.
    Tips x
  • motivated
    Options
    Oh dear, Moti, I know you need a break, but it is good money during the holidays.
    If you need a rest then no point suggesting it.
    Just trying to help.
    Tips x

I'm curious now though lol. What is it Tips
    M
  • Tipsntreats
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I am unsure of the rules on this, so I will send a link through PM.
    Nice little legal earner for you.
  • motivated
    Options
    :o skulks back in with head hanging low. :o

Have been AWOL again and have no excuse for it other than I have been around but distracted again elsewhere on here. I sometimes feel that my diary is boring as since I have gone self managed on my DMP not much happens to be honest.

On a more positive note our savings pots are building up slowly again, I try to add something to each one every week even a small amount makes me feel like I'm making some progress and a bigger amount on my payday. I have a figure in my head that I would like to be at come December. Fingers crossed I make that goal.
    I have also been trying to list things on eBay but keep getting the message 'please link a genuine email to your PayPal account'. Can't fathom what's going on as we've never had an issue before.

Am off work now for 6 whole weeks and so far am enjoying the rest. I will probably get bored by the end but will try and make the most of it. Not going away as such but have a few ideas on cheap days out etc. We also need to find the money for a trip abroad next year as DD has informed us she is getting married and has booked it all :eek: Serious savings need to be done in the Motivated household.

Have been getting along nicely with DH. I think the penny has finally dropped and he is less flippant with money. Is that even the right phrase :o. It just sounds good. We are pulling together a lot more now and life is a lot easier when we do.

I constantly read other people's diaries for inspiration and tips too. It's amazing how well people do on their debt busting journeys when they put their minds to it.

Will update more often (if you're still awake and reading) ;)
    M
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am back and I am reading. There is nothing dull about hearing about prgress other people are making on their debts, I LOVE it.
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • motivated
    Options
    Hi BOP

Sometimes life just gets in the way doesn't it. I need to be more,on the ball. After my four legged best friend died I have tried not to be too miserable and I found my diary a little :(. But already I am thinking about giving a rescue dog some much needed love. I have never been without a four legged friend and think there are thousands of dogs out there that need a forever home. Now I'm just rambling ;)
    M
  • Tipsntreats
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    No Moti lots to think about.
    I am still here watching your journey and still rooting for you.:)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback