Help local police impounded car and financier repossessed it and has it now

Options
wolver1n3
wolver1n3 Posts: 1 Newbie
edited 9 June 2017 at 2:14AM in Motoring
Hi my vehicle (financed) was impounded by local police for driving on suspended license in Los angeles California
I was told the next day by the local Police department watch commander if i remove the suspension he would release the car as I was already in the process of getting it cleared.
I managed to remove the suspended license in 4 day as. The day I went to get it released from police station they said the car was repossessed earlier that day. To call financing company, I called them (financing company) the very next day who them told me to go to the police department to get the release, I went to police department to get the release paper work with my cleared drivers permit.

I went to the local police dept, who then told me the car was already released to the financing company to go talk to them as they could not release it to me because it was not in their possession any more. I then went back to the financing firm to tell them this, as the car was going to get released to me the same day they (the financiers) pick it up earlier they basically beat me to it. this happened over a 4 day period.

I then called the police department from the financing firms office and the officer said that car can be released but they need the firm to request an early release. I am not sure what to do as I am not out of options as far as getting the car released earlier than the 30 day hold. I need the car to work and move around never been late on payments and have always paid more than minimum car was insured and never a part from the suspended license which is now cleared was up to date legalwise any advise would be appreciated. thanks.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport