Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• Saversue
    Saversue Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hope you all had a good Easter despite the weather.

Noticed the Covent Garden Soup Vouchers have finished.

Mum is back in Hospital, as she can't eat, drink or take any of her medication and seemed to be in and out of consciousness when the paramedic came yesterday.
    They have her on a drip which should help to rehydrate her, but don't yet know what the problem is.
    Hope they can find out and do something to help.
    I have her sister, my 90 year old aunt (lives 40 miles away and can no longer drive) crying on the phone to me and asking if she is going to be OK, but I don't have the answers.
  • aallank
    aallank Posts: 2,254 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Could anyone let me know if they think that the Jacobs crinkles or mini chedders will work vs T if I shop now as the price has gone up in T or should I not risk it?

TIA <3
  • altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    [SIZE=+1]rockyrose was yesterday's smartest player![/SIZE] star.gif

:D:D

20 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

[SIZE=+0]Today's Topic (Tuesday): General Knowledge 3 : Average

[/SIZE]fly-animated1.gif

Damnation :eek: you made me jump :o :rotfl: :rotfl:

Saversue wrote: »
    Hope you all had a good Easter despite the weather.

Noticed the Covent Garden Soup Vouchers have finished.

Mum is back in Hospital, as she can't eat, drink or take any of her medication and seemed to be in and out of consciousness when the paramedic came yesterday.
    They have her on a drip which should help to rehydrate her, but don't yet know what the problem is.
    Hope they can find out and do something to help.
    I have her sister, my 90 year old aunt (lives 40 miles away and can no longer drive) crying on the phone to me and asking if she is going to be OK, but I don't have the answers.

Sue, I'm immensely sorry to read about mum, she sounds in a bad way just now. I'm sure the hospital will do all they can to make her comfortable.

Your poor aunt bless her, is she the only sibling she has? She must feel useless now she can't drive as her first thought would be to go to her bedside.

You're all in my thoughts right now Sue xx
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Quick question to all the m&s experts please....

I've got a credit voucher back as I returned some clothing....its for £50 ish .....I'm never going to be able to spend that amount in one go...do they give you a replacement voucher if you spend a lesser amount or not give change......its valid for a year
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    aallank wrote: »
    Is it just me or have the prices on the mini chedders / crinkleys gone up to £1.79 at T, not the £1 we need for them to compare to?

Probs £1 in store still today, and £1.79 online for delivery tomorrow. Not sure how asda get their pricing for Ts.
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Sue Such a hard place to be Take care (((hugs)))
  • altojack
    Postie been today and brought me my free samples of Rose Hydrating Skincare Ritual from So-Post.

3 small sachets of 1 Hydrating Eye Gel Cream, 1 Deep Hydration Face Serum and 1 Deep Hydration Face Cream.

Not put my totals in signature yet but these will be entered as 3, because there are 3 :rotfl: :rotfl:

I haven't been counting toiletries, it's only Face and body stuff, I haven't bought anything in that kind since we started the Grand Clearance :T. I'm including deodorant and makeup in totals as I seem to have amassed quite a pile :eek: 5 mascaras that I've come across so far. It's used daily generally, but I have doubts as to how long they'll stay usable sealed up. We shall see :D

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

• aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    edited 18 April 2017 at 7:32PM
    LEJC wrote: »
    Quick question to all the m&s experts please....

I've got a credit voucher back as I returned some clothing....its for £50 ish .....I'm never going to be able to spend that amount in one go...do they give you a replacement voucher if you spend a lesser amount or not give change......its valid for a year

You can pay a smaller amount than the value of the gift voucher. When your receipt prints out so does a new credit note for the remaining amount.
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • altojack
    Time for a coffee and puffy feet up :cool: :rotfl: see you all later xx

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    nanx4 wrote: »
    2x Walkers Smoky Bacon Crisps (6x25g) £2.90 £2.00
    2x Jacob's Crinklys Variety Pack (7x25g) £3.30 £2.00
    1x Walkers Crinkles Cheddar & Onion Flavour Potato Crisps (6x23g) £1.45 £1.00
    1x Walkers Cheese & Onion Crisps (6x25g) £1.45 £1.50

these are my results from this morning v T
    thanks to issey:A

What do the Walkers Crinkles compare to against M? TIA.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure