Teletext holidays have mis-old me a holiday. What to do next?

Comments

• Im hoping Teletext stick with their word and I do get the correct room. They have confirmed by email that i will be getting the 'Tower Room'. Not sure if that means anything though. I just thought written confirmation might help!
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    muddym2002 wrote: »
    Im hoping Teletext stick with their word and I do get the correct room. They have confirmed by email that i will be getting the 'Tower Room'. Not sure if that means anything though. I just thought written confirmation might help!

Hope you get what you booked but reviews of teletext are awful, and even after their rep gets involved it often doesn't get any better.

in ref to the price if it looks to good to be true etc
  • I booked my last holiday with teletext and to be fair i was happy with it. Hence why I decided to use them again.
    Seen a few complaints similar to mine and the reps have got involved but the original poster hasnt stated if the issue got resolved. Due to fly out on the 19/5 therefore im hoping it gets resolved soon.
  • muddym2002
    muddym2002 Posts: 19 Forumite
    The plot thickens!! i keep getting told by Teletext holidays that the room i want is booked but they are waiting for the Hotel to send a confirmation which will take 7 days due to technical issues. Well i called the hotel and guess what?! They have me down for the room i didnt want! And they have no technical issues!! And to top it off the room i did want is fully booked for the dates i required!!

Now im awaiting another call from the mgr. See what new lies they will tell me. Seems as though this is a delay tactic!!

Thanks for all your comments. It is much appreciated
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The plot thickens!! i keep getting told by Teletext holidays that the room i want is booked but they are waiting for the Hotel to send a confirmation which will take 7 days due to technical issues. Well i called the hotel and guess what?! They have me down for the room i didnt want! And they have no technical issues!! And to top it off the room i did want is fully booked for the dates i required!!

Now im awaiting another call from the mgr. See what new lies they will tell me. Seems as though this is a delay tactic!!

Thanks for all your comments. It is much appreciated

I would really be pushing for a full refund of your hotel costs and book somewhere either direct with the hotel or a reputable agency.
  • muddym2002
    I would really be pushing for a full refund of your hotel costs and book somewhere either direct with the hotel or a reputable agency.

Yes was thinking the same. Issue is how long will it take them to refund me? Wanted the holiday for 19th May. And if i do get a refund will i be able to find something decent.

teletext rep can you advise? Your awfully quiet!
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If you get their confirmation that they will refund and it takes longer than 7 working days get in touch with your bank and ask their card department to chargeback the amount.
    Perhaps pay for the hotel with a credit card which will give you some time to get the money back.
  • muddym2002
    Hi Alpharooms
    May i ask are you representing teletext holidays on here? Do you have permission to talk on their behalf?
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Travel agency like teletext can get it a lot cheaper than going direct to the hotel.

Complete rubbish!

Some travel agencies MAY at times be able to get SOME rooms cheaper than booking direct, but that comes with it's own price, as you're now finding out. If you'd have booked direct you wouldn't be in this mess.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • muddym2002
    Complete rubbish!

Some travel agencies MAY at times be able to get SOME rooms cheaper than booking direct, but that comes with it's own price, as you're now finding out. If you'd have booked direct you wouldn't be in this mess.

Yes i realise that now. maybe it was too good to be true?! Being a newbie at booking holidays i put my trust in teletext holidays thinking they are a reputable company. I should have researched the company before booking but like I stated previously the last holiday i booked with them was faultless and i was happy with it. Didnt think this would happen.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure