mobiles.co.uk GRRRRR

poppett
poppett Posts: 897
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Forumite
I posted a thread here last week for some advice after my son ordered a phone from this company. Basically they were still in the process of checking his order when he received a completely different phone and free gift. When he phoned to let them know their mistake he was told to send it back to them and they would refund postage. I wasn't happy about that as it was their mistake, even if they would refund later, how long he would have to wait concerned me. And they had the cheek to say he'd be liable for the contract if he didnt return within 2 days.
So, this morning I have been onto Consumer Direct and have been told to hold onto the phone and write to them and send a copy via email, quoting this and that and tell them to get a courier out as its their fault. I have been on their website to email and it won't accept my file. So I tried phoning them (yet again) at 9.03am only to hear a recorded message lines are closed until 9am. Ok, so I gave them until 9.20am to settle themselves by their desks and phoned again only to get the same recoded message. :mad::mad::mad:

I will send my hard copy by recorded delivery and leave it to them. Has anyone used this company before and had any problems?
£2 savers club. No.90. Aim £500.

Comments

• you should also email = supervisor at mobiles.co.uk and customer.services @ mobilesa.co.uk

if you get no help from them i would escalate your conerns to the Carphone Warehouse CEO Team on FSescalations at cpwplc.com

in fact i would copy them in on all correspondence intill your matter is resolved.

just place the @ sign where approriate in the text above
  • There are numerous threads on this company where many customers have had all sorts of problems and where they only get redress through going public on here (then often not) or by threatening (with sincerity) to take legal action. this is yet another in a long list of warnings for those considering ordering from them.
  • temba
    temba Posts: 320 Forumite
    That's a shame - my experience of them was excellent.
    [SIZE=-4]MF date: Dec [STRIKE]2028[/STRIKE] 2019. Overpayments in 2007=£900, 2008=£1200 2009=23400[/SIZE]
  • Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative
    Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 659 Organisation Representative
    Hi there,

Not sure if this has been resolved but please return the goods ASAP as hanging onto them is absolutely not the correct thing to do where there is a contract live on the handset. Of course postage will be refunded. Apologies but we are not able to arrange a courier collection at the moment as this service was withdrawn by DHL recently.

Sorry that your experience wasn't great but we can sort this out ASAP.

Regards,
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • This is a shame, my contract expires in April and I was attracted by the free gifts so was going to upgrade or take out a new contract but all I've read are complaints and bad reviews.

Let me know if this is resolved!
  • Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative
    Mobiles.co.uk_company_representative Posts: 659 Organisation Representative
    MS599, please bear in mind this is a complaint site so you won't see very much of anything else :D

Regards,
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Mobiles.co.uk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    MS599, please bear in mind this is a complaint site so you won't see very much of anything else :D

Regards,

Strange way to bite the hand that feeds you!

This is a moneysaving website, not a complaints site.

If you want to see complaints about mobiles.co.uk, just google for them!
  • I currently have 2 mobile phones on cashback deals with mobiles.co.uk and have found the cashback service excellent - the best I have used by far. No recorded delivery etc, bills emailed in, good comms when claims received and paid. Would not hesitate to use them again based on my experience.
  • poppett
    poppett Posts: 897
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Hi there,

Not sure if this has been resolved but please return the goods ASAP as hanging onto them is absolutely not the correct thing to do where there is a contract live on the handset. Of course postage will be refunded. Apologies but we are not able to arrange a courier collection at the moment as this service was withdrawn by DHL recently.

Sorry that your experience wasn't great but we can sort this out ASAP.

Regards,

Thanks for your reply BUT after taking legal advice yesterday I was told I was to contact your company again and tell them that as it was a !!!! up on your behalf I was holding on to the goods until you arranged a courier. I eventually got through and suprise suprise....when I told the rep what I had been advised he went off the phone and came back saying DHL would be collecting it from us!!!!
    £2 savers club. No.90. Aim £500.
  • There are numerous threads on this company where many customers have had all sorts of problems and where they only get redress through going public on here (then often not) or by threatening (with sincerity) to take legal action. this is yet another in a long list of warnings for those considering ordering from them.

I agree - they're a nightmare to deal with. They muck up and leave it up to you to sort out their mistakes. They rarely answer their phones, leave a message claiming to 'love emails' but don't answer those either.

It's a cliche, but in the end, you get what you pay for. If you're lucky and all goes to plan you'll get a good deal. Just be prepared for the nightmare that is their customer service if things don't go to plan.

You're much better off going down the Quidco route and dealing directly with one of the better mobile companies in my experience. You may end up paying slightly more, but your blood pressure levels will feel the benefit.

We've still got one of their phones boxed up and waiting to go back to them as a result of one of their mistakes. We've no intention of holding on to it or keeping it, but we've equally no intention of sending it at our own cost either. It's too much of a risk - we'll no doubt never get the refund of the postage or they'll balls things up again and say it was never received. DHL, we're ready for you...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure