Things can only get better

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I think something has gone wrong somewhere in MSE land this evening. If you go and look at the credit cards board a whole 2 days worth of threads have been deleted.
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • That's odd, maybe it's connected somehow?
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I've been copying and pasting my diary into a Word file every few days in case mine gets deleted. You never know who's going to be next :mad:.

I think a lot of DFW folks are backing up their diaries in some way or another due to this critical error in the system, as you said, never know who's going to be next.
    It's terrible that users are losing confidence in the security of their diaries and threads and that MSE techies seem to be doing nothing to solve the issue or to reinstate the missing diaries and threads...
    Are the Tech team like the folks from The IT Crowd but without the humor and even less ability?
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    Sorry to hear about your thread. :(

I can't speak for MSE, but I'm pretty sure it is not due to lack of wanting to, or lack of tech know-how, that threads cannot be brought back.

I hope you can pick things up with this new thread. :)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • I don't understand why they get deleted in the first place fermi. Couldn't the spam button be moved to a better place? Or someone review a thread before it gets deleted?
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Annoying SA.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,100
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I was going to start a new diary anyway but couldn't' tthink of a title - had to come up with one pretty sharpish last night!

I would've liked to have kept my old one though as the first part of it is a record of Mr SA's battle and there are some posts by people sadly no longer with us.

Pauline I lost half a pound at WW. Not as much as I'd hoped for but a loss all the same and I only need to lose another 3 to be back at goal.

Oh well onwards and upwards - things can only get better surely!
    Christmas Savings 2024 £227.29/£600 March NSD:9 March Surveys £
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    SA sorry to hear another diary has gone, I think I am going to back mine up as well.

Here is to your new one.
  • MeenaM
    MeenaM Posts: 320
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    SA sorry to hear another diary has gone, I think I am going to back mine up as well.

Here is to your new one.

how do you back it up please?
    paid off £27,527.47 debt free journey began Nov 2017 DEBT FREE 13.09.2019!! EF £3500/£5000
  • MeenaM
    MeenaM Posts: 320
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    I am so sorry to hear that your diary has been deleted, but good luck with this new one and i like the title , you are right things can only get better!
    paid off £27,527.47 debt free journey began Nov 2017 DEBT FREE 13.09.2019!! EF £3500/£5000
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback