IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Fight the French

Comments

• 1505grandad
    1505grandad Posts: 2,908 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    As above - terrible situation.
  • Thanks for the link I don't have much money but I have contributed a fiver. Something about this whole case feels "off" like we have not been told the full story. Surely the Lay Rep's indemnity insurance should cover the £12000 costs? Who was the Lay Rep and how has such a huge amount of costs been levied in a County Court hearing? It's more in line with what you would expect under Scots law as opposed to E & W.
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    Actually, you couldn't be more wrong. The Daily Mail, whatever you think of it, consistently highlights parking cases and invariably is on the side of the motorist. Just look back through this forum.

The real problem at many older hospitals is that simply there is not sufficient parking space. Any hospital in a major town or city will, inevitably, have expanded with more building and there is just not sufficient space on their premises to encompass all of the motor cars that want to use the facilities, either as staff, visitors or patients. And often all the land around is already built on by housing or commercial premises.

Now how you magic additional space is beyond me. Out of town new hospitals could be the solution, but at what price. They could be more creative with turning every bit of land in existing hospitals into car parking - more multi storeys etc.

Certainly PPCs are not the answer - at least not the way things currently work.
    I meant the comment sections on the DM website, the newspaper itself is certainly very on side!
    If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don’t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.
  • If you were not the driver write to the parking firm and tell them who was so they CANNOT hold you liable. The person who was driving the car is responsible so let them deal with it. Not you! Don’t let people with an agenda tell you otherwise.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 July 2017 at 8:03PM
    Just added my donation for the appeal.

Is there an address for the hospital trust board we can write to, to make our feelings known?

It would help if people in the Cardiff area wrote to them.

Nice but they will ignore. If you have an NHS Trust who is that
    ignorant, vindictive and stupid towards their staff, it will be water
    off a ducks back.

10,000 permits issued for some 1000 spaces seems to me a scam and bordering on a ponzi scheme
    Such schemes promise something that does not exist

My curious mind wonders about the financial arrangement on this
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I meant the comment sections on the DM website, the newspaper itself is certainly very on side!

:beer: ^^^^^^^
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,327 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    In anticipation of any potential appeal, does anyone recall a POPLA case that went in favour of a staff member similarly ticketed by Indigo at this hospital?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I believe Indigo were hardly ever giving out POPLA codes.

I think Sue Prior said as much, some staff tried to appeal and got no reply.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,327 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

Speaks volumes, I guess.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 July 2017 at 10:51PM
    Coupon-mad wrote: »

“It is disappointing that a few people have chosen to refuse to co-operate with the contractors Indigo Parking Services UK and have chosen to pursue this through the courts."

umm , co operate? ask for POPLa code and be denied indipendent appeal , ZZPS were tasked with back office work , due to the low figure (££) of each initial claim it would have been finacial suicide to issue POPLa codes for indigo , so they did,nt , , that in itself along with the method of accessing the DVLA (trust account) , when the hospotal clearly state , "we lease it , all parking is between yourself and indigo , , pass the hand soap please" , are a farce ,

that spokesperson from the hospital would be brave to walk thu it on monday morning .
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    http://www.cardiffandvaleuhb.wales.nhs.uk/contact-us-page

Contact the UHB
    Cardiff and Vale University Health Board (UHB) welcomes your comments and we are always pleased to hear from you. You can contact us in a variety of ways.

By Post
    Cardiff and Vale UHB Headquarters
    University Hospital of Wales (UHW)
    Heath Park
    Cardiff
    CF14 4XW

By Phone
    Tel: 029 2074 7747
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure