Dancing in the Rain

Comments

• MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Hello Doingitanyway. I agree with eating those frogs first thing. Then you're onto a good day! Maybe try to coat them in some chocolate first too! ;)

You have a great philosophy on ignoring how you feel and pushing through. I definitely relate to that. My house is a bit of a project now too, but you have to also remember the positives in that you have your own place, you are self sufficient and you do all that while also dealing with what other things life throws at you. When you feel patronised by them, just remember that the chances are they have a lovely person at home taking on at least half the home chores with them.

Good luck with your frogs. MTx
  • Sorry reader, I can't get the colour to work properly...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • MuffinTops
    Hello DIA,

Sending hugs to you for your rubbish day yesterday. I think you did the right thing with the plumber. From an outside view it just sounds like your card payment was the only thing that could potentially cause trouble but its hopefully not likely to debit from your account until tomorrow?

Emoticons only show when you click the Go Advanced button under the reply box. Does that make sense?

How are you doing today? I hope you're feeling better.

MTx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,160 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope that you are having a good Sunday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • MuffinTops
    Hey DIA, how did you get on with the plumber? I need to look at booking in an electrician at some point very soon, but feeling nervous about it already. I'm the same as you that my house is clean (other than a previous manky washing machine door seal :o) but I just have too much stuff.

Well done on the decluttering and tidying you did yesterday.

Don't worry about coming on here to moan! We all need some space to vent, and it's better on here than in real life?

I hope your day is better today!

MTxx
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Hello MT, thanks for asking.

I can't report anything good I'm afraid as I hardly slept and at 5am I texted to cancel. I said something came up and I had to go in to work. I felt a flood of relief. The funny thing is the other plumber came back straight away and was lovely but this one (who was slow to communicate to start with) took ages to reply and seemed a bit annoyed. Communication or lack of makes me edgy so perhaps he isn't the one to do a big job like a bathroom refurb. I'll still get a quote for comparison, but I doubt I'll use him now. So, I guess something came of it. ;)
    However, there is still the issue that I have a leaky pipe and can't use the upstairs sink :(

Let me know when the electrician is booked so I can cheer you on

Looking around I still need to tidy and clean!!!

I panicked in advance over the debit as it still hasn't come out so I don't have bank charges :j

I found a yoga and meditation class I'm starting on Wednesday evening. I have a year of sorting the house out planned so I need to stop stressing and get what I need to do done.

It's a good day for me as it's pay day and after 6 weeks of money panic, I've been paid :D

I hope you have a good Monday MT xx and you too reader x

Happy payday :T Mine is tomorrow.....so happy :)

Enjoy the yoga and meditation class on Wednesday, hopefully it will really help you de-stress.

Have a great week. I see you found the emoticons :T:j:T:j:D
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • MuffinTops
    Hello DIA,

Firstly, I've answered your ISA question on my diary.

I really feel for you with the plumber and electrician. My bathroom lights don't work which is why I need an electrician but I've put it off for SO long! We both need to take a deep breath and go for it! :)

Eyebrows need to be fuller this time of year, to stop water dripping into your eyes!!! :D No???? ;)

Enjoy your evening. MTxx
  • MuffinTops
    Hello DIA,

What would happen if the loan wasn't paid at the same time? My initial assumption is that this is bluster and not yet worth too much worry. If you don't have the money to pay the loan (which I assume you're keeping up to date on payments etc) and you're still within the terms and conditions then what can they do?

On the small amount of info I have, I'd say they're trying it on with you, but there may be more information you've not posted here? If you want to, please feel free to PM me.

Personally, I definitely wouldn't take on a new loan as you're starting from scratch with the interest payments and will end up completely out of pocket. I would do all I could to stand my ground and not pay them anything extra.

MTxx
  • Thanks MT
    I'm going to PM you xx
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Sorry to hear about this loan malarkey, must be very stressful.

How was yoga and meditation?
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family