Cross Stitch Cafe 2018

Options

Comments

• Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,876 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello lovelies!

Great update nmm, love the colour of the wreath and it looks like you're making great progress.

We were away for half term week and work has been horrendous this week, so no crafting done. My blanket is about 2/3 done (row-wise) so I may do a little later tonight. Tomorrow night I have my crafting friend's coming here. Second Monday of the month we meet at church and fourth Monday at someone's house (usually mine). We are due some snow later this week, and it's so chilly, I really want to get the blanket finished so I can use it!

Keep warm and carry on crafting all!
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Hello all,
    Craft group got cancelled last week due to the weather. No further progress on my blanket as battled into work every day last week and was too pooped to craft in the evenings. May do some tonight. Had a day off today and went to jlewis for a birthday gift for DH. Had a look in the haberdashery dept whilst there partly for a Mother's Day gift and partly just because.... they had a lovely cabinet on wheels - a sewing box with concertina compartments. So lovely but £299! Not that I NEED one but it would be lovely, one day...!
    Hope you are all going well with your projects!
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • nmm
    nmm Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope everyone survived the snow last week and managed to get some extra stitching done.

Shame you had to battle into work coxy and didn't get time off, the cabinet sounds lovely but pricey, keep an eye out in sales, you never know :)

I have finished all the X's on my bauble wreath, now for the backstitch to make it pop.

39950235384_79dcdb2cb2_o.jpg
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member No1WIP: Cross Stitch: Seascape Kit - Crochet:
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Lovely updates nmm. X
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Great update nmm, can't wait to see the BABS bringing it to life!
    I was away for two days with work this week. There was no TV in the rooms (I was pre warned) so I took my book and my crochet. Lots of progress made - currently on row 105 of 125. It's snowing here today and I have no plans apart from housework. Will get the essentials done, order an online food shop, then do some crafting. Might pick up Collecting Shells and see what's what - it's been too long!!
    Hope all are well,
    Coxy xx
  • nmm
    Options
    TaDa, all complete :)

27047792748_ae35598948_o.jpg
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Oh nmm I LOVE IT!
  • nmm
    Options
    Thanks Coxy, I'm going to frame it in a hoop, but I have all year to do that :)
  • Coxy11
    Options
    Good morning lovelies!
    I have news in that I have finished my crocheted blanket! It's the first large crochet project I have attempted and I'm really pleased with how it turned out (will try to post a pic if I can). This will come to work with me as our offices are extremely draughty (although now the weather is changing it may not be needed!!).
    I'm going to get Collecting Shells out later today and have a look at what's what. It's craft group tomorrow night at the Church, so this may come with me, although the lighting in the room isn't great. I'm doing the background mainly now, which is all different shades of beige and more beige.... If I don't think I can manage this at group, I will take Pretty Little London with me which is more portable and more colourful.
    Hope you are all going okay.
    Coxy
  • *Louise*
    *Louise* Posts: 9,197 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all - I haven't been on the forum for 2 years, it's nice to see that the cafe is still running!

Been pretty busy, stopped stitching for a while due to time constraints but have got back into it since Christmas, smaller designs mainly, a lot of Harry Potter stitching being done for my daughter who is a massive fan.
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure