Default Date confusion

Options
Good Morning

I have a slight problem i entered a Debt management plan with payplan in January 2008 and all my creditors have been paid since joining and my credit file entries relating to the said debts have been wiped due to the 6 Year time scale, BAR one Marbles Credit card which during its journey has gone to many agencies please see below:

marbles================ 22/01/2008
HFC8888888888888888 22/01/2008
NewDay (formerly SAV Credit)8888888888888888 28/02/2009
CapQuest Group Limited888888 07/12/2012
CapQuest Group Limited888888 11/12/2012
CapQuest Group Limited888888888 12/12/2012
NCO Europe Ltd888888888804/12/2017

The problem i am having this account is still showing live on my experian credit file even though i am pretty certain this went default in 2008 when all the other debts went default?

They are paid the same time every month onthe 14th as i pay payplan on the 12th of every month, but they keep putting me down as late payments as they say the account is live and revolving and the terms are 30 day payments? so the payment date with NCO changes every month:mad::mad:

i had this problem with capquest last year with the same account and it took me ages to resolve and they did amend my credit file eventually , but the have now transferred it to NCO after i complained ( funny that) and the same problem has started again.

i think the best option is to try and find the default date so i can get this wiped off my credit file but after speaking to Marbles they only have information that my account was transferred to Capquest in November 2012 ( even tough they account went into arrears before 2008) and any records before that have been archived.

Any help to rectify this would greatly be received and thank you for taking time to read and maybe helping

Mr frustrated :mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 18 February 2018 at 12:52PM
    Options
    Hi,

The date of default should clearly be displayed on your credit file.

If its not there, it didn't default.

This is how Noddle list them :

Account type :

Account number :

Account start date :

Opening balance :

Regular payment :

Repayment frequency :

Date of default :

Default balance :
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • T0ttenhamcolin
    Options
    Hi Sourcrates

many Thanks for the reply

It must have defaulted as i just buried my head in the sand and every other account defaulted so i would be very surprised if this one never? and my Credit file only goes back 6 years and it would have defaulted in 2008! does anyone know how i get a definite date of default/ or if never went into default? from the creditor?

Also could i not go down the route of when i entered a DMP that it should have been placed as default then?
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    To gain access to their archived records you would need to make a subject access request (SAR) at a cost of £10.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • How_much
    How_much Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Sourcrates

many Thanks for the reply

It must have defaulted as i just buried my head in the sand and every other account defaulted so i would be very surprised if this one never? and my Credit file only goes back 6 years and it would have defaulted in 2008! does anyone know how i get a definite date of default/ or if never went into default? from the creditor?

Also could i not go down the route of when i entered a DMP that it should have been placed as default then?

Apologies for the thread resurrection, but I am in exactly the same position. Capquest have been reporting on my credit file with late payment ( no default) since 2014 with regards to a credit card debt they purchased from Marbles/new day in 2012, the account went into arrears in 2008 with New Day/Marbles.
    I have spoken to new Day and they tell me that they always default debts when they sell them on if they don’t default when they go into arrears, but they don’t have records going back that far.
    I requested Capquest issue and back date a default, first of all they have told me they purchased my account as a “paying account” with no default (even though it was heavily in arrears) Capquest have now come back and said they will default it back to 2014 as my payments were 4 months late during that year (I was made redundant) so now I am in a worse position than I was before as my credit file will now show a default for the next 18 months! I have written to the ICO a letter of complaint, just wondering what your outcome was?
  • WhenIam64
    WhenIam64 Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    Options
    To gain access to their archived records you would need to make a subject access request (SAR) at a cost of £10.

SAR are now free. The can charge for abnormal requests which may be more than £10 but personally can't see why they should. See "Can we charge a fee?"

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-of-access/
    Unlike some here, I am not omniscient. If I am wrong correct me. I won't take offence.

The law is like an ocean - have a swim but don't drown.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure