crochet anyone ?

1264265266267268270»

Comments

• Yet more wonderful, creative ideas from the internet. Don't you just love all these people sharing their skill and talent like this?!
    Make old tee-shirts into yarn and crochet with this, using massive crochet hooks of course, to make rugs, bags etc.
    It works best with tee-shirts that are made in the round, i.e., seamless, although it doesn't really matter if you have the seams in there.

Another great thing I've seen on there is "loom" knitting using old tissue boxes. (Not crochet, but still creative).

There's a site called Red Ted Art with many kinds of beginner friendly crafts.

I'm itching to make a POM-POM RUG, and a BRAIDED LIGHT PULL CORD for the bathroom, made from an idea on Red Ted Art for a friendship bracelet, but I'll extend it in a long strip.
  • i've just started crocheting, can anyone recommend a tutorial for left handed crocheter for basic squares or granny squares?
    The Crochet Crowd on YouTube do left- and right-handed versions of their tutorials. I know you posted this a long time ago but I've only just found this, isn't it great!
  • I always specify left-handed uk when I search YouTube, I can usually find what I want. I've recently made three blankets and I'm currently working on a circular waistcoat in King Cole Shimmer. I made one for my daughter and now one for a granddaughter.
    I'm aiming to master amigurumi next.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Love to crochet.
    Ravelry is a fabulous site to record your projects, find pattern and inspiration.
    Working on mini backpacks at the moment.
    "A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." Mark Twain
  • I recently bought myself a lovely crochet pattern book in The Works, only to find that it has no 'how to crochet' instructions and my old craft books aren't much help - doh!

I've come across this Stylecraft How to Crochet instruction booklet which will hopefully help get me started, and thought I'd post a link in case anyone else found it helpful. It uses UK terms but has a handy list at the end explaining the corresponding US terminology:

http://www.stylecraft-yarns.co.uk/pdf/Crochet%20Guide.pdf
    Local library is a good source for some how to crochet books.
    "A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." Mark Twain
  • https://instagram.com/p/BeL-6KhBNlp/

My first mini backpack. I plan to add key rings to them.
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I can knit anything, from dolls house stuff on <1mm needles, to full sized arans and fairisles - but crocheting continues to defeat me. Everytime I try, my hands just cramp up.
  • Robots
    Robots Posts: 76 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler Wedding Day Wonder
    I LOVE to crochet, amigurumi is my favourite :):)
    Veteran gamer and clean freak :kiss:
  • zombiecazz
    zombiecazz Posts: 535 Forumite
    I have signed up to a beginners crochet class and can't wait. i can sew patchwork quilts and knit aran jumpers but have always wanted to crochet,even just basic stitches.This class is for absolute beginners. Really looking forward to it
    How are you getting on?
  • zombiecazz
    zombiecazz Posts: 535 Forumite
    edited 3 May 2018 at 12:01AM
    I!!!8217;m working on a ripple/chevron blanket at the moment.
    https://instagram.com/p/BiHFqS_HjpV/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure