Bad credit need loan wish to clear debts fast.

Heddwen_2
Heddwen_2 Posts: 123 Forumite
Hi

I need a loan of between £6,000 (minimum to consolidate debts) and £10,000 (maximum to give us breathing space).

We have poor credit history and are soon to be starting afresh we are trying to find a sympathetic ::) lender who will consolodate all our debts into one low repayment so we can clear them as fast as possible. We can only afford to repay a maximum of £200 per month but just want to get shot of the debts so we can move on into being debt free and actually saving money.

Will this work best on a loan or a 0% credit card over longest period? ???

Anyone know of a good lender who understands and not just grabs money? :o

Heddwen

Comments

• AMILLIONDOLLARS
    AMILLIONDOLLARS Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hewdden

If you sell your house for more money, your question becomes irrelevant ::)

Ring some other Estate Agents NOW!!!!!!
    Debt Free!!!
  • Heddwen_2
    Heddwen_2 Posts: 123 Forumite
    Hi Amillion

As I have said before I would love to but its too risky. It would be ok if we werent in the situation were in already (I know you know what I mean from my other threads) but we're not.

Thanks anyway for the encoragement I only wish we could be totaly debt free to start with a sparkly clean slate!

:)
  • alexei_2
    alexei_2 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Hi Heddwen

There are no "sympathetic" lenders out there - that's not the nature of the game.

I would suggest that you borrow the absolute minimum that you need, over a short period (say 3 years). Do not borrow excess.

You should be able to live within your means once you have moved to your caravan - if you cannot then you are going to find yourself back in the same situation as before. If you are disciplined you may be able to save a small amount each month.

Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport