PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O.S Daily Saturday 27th June 2015

Options
O/S Daily Saturday 27th June 2015

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” is fine
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

Now light here, light cloud with sun breaking through, warm already.

DS2 up and getting ready for work, he's going in for some overtime.

DH and I are enjoying first peaceful cuppas, DS2 still in his pit.

I got some more washing and drying done yesterday, and I got our bed stripped, bedding washed and line dried, fresh bed linen on our bed, Boys beds are going to be done today - now DS1 is up I'll go and get his bedding off and get it put in the WM. Have enough for a load of dark washing - all the menfolk's work clothes etc so will get that going shortly, then on the line to dry.

Dinner last night was chicken and ham kievs, chips and beans/salad for the menfolk, I had mushroom and cheese omelette and salad, ice cream for dessert. Tonight will be pulled pork, and burgers, pizza, salad, and skinny chips for the menfolk, mine will be without the pizza and the chips.

This morning DH and I need to go to caravan accessory shop to collect the inner tent they have put by for us.

We have a few jobs on the list to get done today, so will crack on and get them done.

Have great Saturdays' everyone x

Stay safe and well - remember the suncream x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

No need for sun cream here nmlc - there are blue skies but there is a band of mist lying between the sea and the hills, looks like an ethereal dado.

I washed those rugs and hung them out in the blaze of sunshine which lasted approx two hours. I left them out overnight, perhaps they'll dry today.

There are no substantial plans for today though I may visit a cafe or two.

I hope everyone has a good Saturday.
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Morning all,

Beautiful here this morning. Ferrying DGD2 around this morning,and DGS is coming for lunch.

GERS thank you for that. My sister told me about the app, I am amazed how clever these things are. I am afraid I am a bit of a technophobe so don't have a smart phone, but not as much as Himself who can't work his mobile phone :)

Must throw the dyson round before we go out this morning, no washing to speak of, certainly not enough to warrant putting the WM on.

Lyn have a lovely weekend with DD, and a little spoiling might be in order I think.

Have a good day all

Candlelightx
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning one and all. It's a glorious start here and would seem to be forecast to last all day. It feels really warm and the windows are all wide open already. Yesterday was drab and miserable, with spurts of drizzle, and muggy all day. Amazingly I managed to get all the washing dry.

Not much planned for today so will probably have a wander round town this morning and, if the sun keeps shining, come back to lunch outside. The garden is in need of a good feed and weed and then maybe feet up with my book this afternoon.

I hope things are looking brighter for you this morning JUDI. Maybe a few days away is the right idea and I hope you manage it.

((((HUGS)))) to anyone in need and take care whatever you are up to xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Our windowsills were a mess - some windows didn't have any boards and the ones that did were quite rubbish. Master tru made another three yesterday so only three more to go. Two will have to wait, we're going to get the lounge sorted (I've been saying that for two years!) so we'll do those at the same time. I think we've got enough leftover wood for the hall so hopefully that'll be done in the next week.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I ate a small bowl of strawberries yesterday – lovely :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I've been busy crocheting, another baby blanket is ready. I need to start one for a girl today. Apart from that, I have no plans so will just be pottering about.[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Looks as if it will be a nice day so will put the washing machine on once I ask youngest DD if she has any laundry to add.

Middle dd is coming to see us around lunchtime so will nip out for lean mince, courgettes etc so I can cook a skinny lasagne which she loves.

Found a non stick three pan set suitable for most hobs in TK****
    yesterday reduced from £80 to under £25 :j so bought it for dd's new house as a surprise for her.

No idea what to cook tonight or tomorrow but will see what meat is in the freezer and work from there. Desperate for some tea so will see you all later.

Hugs to all especially csarina, jackieO, burtha, hilstep, spirit,Judi.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Pretty warm already here in the Garden of England I think its going to be a scorcher :) Flaming June has arrived at last, 7 weeks to go until our hoilbobs :):):) Hope its like this I can't wait to get back to the IoW again.

No baking today as its too warm ,not too sure what I am doing yet ,just pottering around at the moment. Youngest DD has the weekend off so I think she want to get an outfit for a 'do' we are going to next weekend

Eldest DD has gone down to Deal with her OH to their caravan there.She is brown already, as once the season starts they are there almost every weekend.I think we may take the boys to Westgate tomorrow and there is a nice breeze there and we all enjoy it
    Hope you all have a great weekend what ever you are doing and as
    nmlc says don't forget the sunscreen
    Cheers chums
    JackieO xxx
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No sunscreen needed here either, the sun is shining at the moment but there is a huge black cloud just coming over!

Mornng All

Gers, I use shazam too but sometimes by the time I get the app up the music has finished!
    Judi - such a worrying time for you.
    Hope all the poorlies are feeling better.

I've stripped the beds so hopefully the rain will clear and I can get it all outside, we are so short of space at the moment it's difficult to get things dry inside, the TV is where the airer would go and the settee is taking up a fair bit of the kitchen!

Not sure what's happening mealwise, will have a look in a minute.

Have a good weekend. Take care. XX
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    Fish fed, hubby has a cuppa in bed, he's tired as he's been on the late shift last week & been very busy as he's doing holiday cover as well as his own job.
    I have washing on the line & another load ready to hang out, I've been to the bakers to buy fresh bread.
    I have DGS here, he stayed the night, he's 11 & almost as tall as me, we've been menu planning ready for when his mum starts work.
    Time I made inroads in to the housework.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone :hello:

Just a quickie as my hubby is making us boiled eggs for breakfast so I have 4.5 mins to write something :rotfl::rotfl:.

I manged to get out with my grandson yesterday but my goodness did he wear me out, I had to go back to bed once he'd gone home. He was very well behaved though, just a little livewire :).

My girls are all going shopping to Barnstaple for some new clothes, thank goodness my presence is not required, just my cash.

I am planning a fairly quiet day just pottering round as it is so warm and I don't do heat. Hubby will be taking Max for a long walk and then he wants to give the grass a cut.

Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport