PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

How clean is your house right now?

Comments

• good_advice
    good_advice Posts: 2,653 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee! Rampant Recycler
    It is clean and tidy.
    I do a little cleaning and tidying every day so it never gets too bad.
    I have the patio table and chairs out too! Sun brolly.
    Bought some more charcoal for the BBQ this morning.

This house has a cold north facing front room, so in the good weather we are nearly always out the back.
    Guests are guided to the conservatory or we sit out on the decking. Hence the BBQ. Only a small BBQ that was a gift to us last year.
    The secret to success is making very small, yet constant changes.:)
  • dragonette
    dragonette Posts: 879 Forumite
    My flat isnt great atm.

I need to do dishes, tidy up after having houseguests for a week and catch up on normal cleaning. This will take me ages as i have CFS and trying to catch up can be really tricky. I'm also decanting an ex's things from my only storage cupboard, so theres boxes of someone else's stuff everywhere.

The floors etc I can leave to my flatmate, thankfully. He would do the dishes too - but I'm just too picky about dishes being clean enough.

On the positive side, my bathroom is reasonably clean there is no ingrained filth so its not as bad as it could be!!
    :AStarting again on my own this time!! - Defective flylady! :A
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I would say spotless as I clean everyday. However LO is munching his wotsits and spreading the rest around the floor.
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • dawn_rose
    dawn_rose Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hiya, currently I have dishes to wash as I've just cooked tea. The bathroom has been cleaned today and house hoovered through by my dh whilst I was at work. The bedroom has a pile of clean washing the size of mars to go away, that's tomorrows task. Washload to go on and more washing to fold. The playroom needs a tidy again as kids are home. Tomorrow is my day off so I have tons to do plus an ill child at home. X
    Jan 2015 GC £267/£260
    Feb 2015 GC /£260
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    anakat wrote: »
    Don't worry about it, you will have years and years when you look back and remember the mess with fondness, just enjoy your children :)

100% agree. My three children loved having friends in and I was always aware that my home wasn't perfect when their parents dropped them off/collected them. After much struggling to keep up with everyone else I had my lightbulb moment - the words 'perfect' and 'home' don't belong in the same sentence. At a mum's coffee morning I discovered I certainly wasn't the only one, and learned to relax. What's a few clean clothes, toys and craft items around the house? You wouldn't expect your children to sit with their arms folded for hours staring into space so a mess is just normal. I have a saying - a dirty kid's a happy kid. That applies to their toys and activities too. Relax, you have no-one to prove anything to and your children will look back on their youth as a happy time.

Now I'm retired, live on my own and look around my clean, tidy house every day and it drives me mad! It's the biggest pleasure to have friends in, especially with children and pets, so that it looks lived in for a while ;)
  • barneydee_2
    barneydee_2 Posts: 318 Forumite
    At the moment I am realy struggling with this , house needs a good de clutter, oh is a terrible hoarder & I'm not much better , plus people know we are bit of hoarders they give us there cast offs lol
    I've just had a week off & have not achieved as much as I would like, I'm one off these people who dose not seem to perform so well when I have time on my hands ( being on the laptop).
    I want to get sorted as in the next year or two I would like to down size & move befor that we also need decorating to get done
    Dee x
    July grocery challenge £250.00/£408.93
    August grocery challenge£350.00
    2/8£28.46
  • GwylimT
    GwylimT Posts: 6,530 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Our home is normally very clean, our toddler decided to decorate himself and his bedroom wall with poo this morning.
  • Yuk! to the poo...

My house will be clean and tidy permanently - at some point.

But I've had to spend months and months on renovating it and that's been made worse by neighbour issues.

Now - as I'm only prepared to allocate a certain amount of my time/energy to "Things I don't want to do AND things I shouldn't have to do" and then I start digging my heels in and just plain taking time for My Life its a bit problematic at the moment. I have to put the "Things I shouldn't have to do" (ie that house renovation and dealing with neighbours) first and there isn't much spare time/energy available for "Things I don't want to do" after that.

I'll get there. The house and its neighbours WILL be fully sorted-out/dealt with at some point and that will free-up enough of my time/energy for the "Things I don't want to do, eg housework" list.
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I need the dust i can't tidy it away. Where else can i make a note of things.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Yesterday i had a day in by myself and was able to concentrate on cleaning. The house was spotless.

Today, thanks to my husband, son, grandson and the two dogs, it looks like i hadnt bothered.

Cleaning is such a thankless task.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport