The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

How do I Change Printer Settings to Fast Economical?

I got a new HP C5280 Printer recently. When I print I try to remember to change the Preferences to Fast/Economical Printing, but most of the time I forget and it defaults to General Everyday Printing using up more ink. I'm going through loads of cartridges!!

Can anyone tell me how to change this on a permanent basis to Fast/Economical? I've tried doing it via Printer->Settings but it just defaults back again.

Comments

• PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Aye, go into control panel and select printers, find your printer and right click on it then select properties, find a tab or menu called quality or similar meaning, locate printer defaults and find print mode, select draft quality or something similar, all printer menus are different so please don’t accept this as gospel because your printer will be different, just try this method of approach till you find what you want, or someone on here might have the same printer as yourself.
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • That's great - seems to have worked! I'm sure I tried that before, but when I first got the printer I had major problems with it keeping re-installing itself. I eventually had to download the software directly from HP's website.

I have followed your instructions and re-booted PC and it seems to have stayed at Fast/Economical Printing. I'll now save money on cartridges!

Many thanks!
    :T :T :T
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Your welcome.
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure