Is this a scam by See tickets.com

Hi didnt know where to post this but as I am concerned it may affect my bank - here goes. Has anyone recently bought Beyonce tickets from See Tickets.com. My daughter bought two and paid for them in feb this year for a show in June at the Liverpool Echo. On 30th april See Ticket emailed her saying if she didnt respond to their request in 24 hours the tickets would be sold to someone else. They asked her to send in proof of her bank account address and the last 4 digits of her bank card. She did not pickup email till 2nd april - and panicked. She paid £120 for the two tickets and this left her bank in Feb. See Tickets have had this money and should be posting out the tickets but we know these tickets are selling on Ebay for hundreds! So we rang and said why does she need to do this when she has already paid - they said in case she is running a scam and they needed to check she was who she said she is!! Why did they not just check with the bank - and if they have had the money already what does it matter. After 20 minutes on the phone the ultimatum to us was send in the detail by email on saturday or the tickets will be released to sell on. Can they do this - is it legit - they have had her money over 3 months - and can they do anything with the bank info we eventually did send them as she was destraught thinking she would miss out! Anyone can help or has anyone else been caught by this??

Comments

• zx2011
    zx2011 Posts: 309 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    In their terms and conditions they state:
    "In order to prevent fraud and to protect both parties, you may be asked to provide additional information after your booking so that we can verify your purchase."

http://www.seetickets.com/see/content_terms.asp
  • DebtHater
    DebtHater Posts: 1,053 Forumite
    I have used See before for tickets costing over £200

They did ask me for further details, just to ensure that I was genuine. Remember, these concerts are now held in places that are potential terror threats and they will do various checks just to ensure everyone's safety.
    Also, to stop fraud and resell

I got my tickets two weeks before the event, sent first class recorded.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,238 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'm not sure what the issue is here. If you are going to trust See enough to give them your full card details when making the purchase, then confirming the last four digits of the card and your branch address shouldn't be cause for concern, surely? You've obviously phoned them using their published number and they have confirmed the e-mail is legitimate. Why exactly are you concerned about providing the information?
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    What happens though if your card has now expired and has been replaced??
    Unless this was an obvious term in the contract I would think it an unfair contract - HOWEVER - if you challenge them all they will refund is the price of the tickets (less any commission??)

Your call I suppose.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport