Slimming World Support thread

Options

Comments

• naijapower
    naijapower Posts: 1,393 Forumite
    Options
    My Weight Loss Tips
    The following weight loss tips can have a dramatic effect if applied correctly. You will lose weight and improve your health if these tips are used in conjuction with a good diet.

Generally, most people want to see quick results. My view is: 'patience is the virtue'. Of course coupled with hard work and good plan of action. The few tips here could have you laughing to sucess if followed correctly.

1. Firstly, drink a lot of water. It is recommended to drink up to eight glasses of water a day. We all know the effect and goodness of water to our bodies, but yet most people shy away from drinking water.

2. Secondly, eat plenty of fruit and vegetables; ideally 7-9 portions of a varierty of fruit and vegetable.
    Cut back on breads and pastas. The importance of fruit and veg cannot be over-emphasised. Eating lots of fruit and veg reduces your chances of developing heart disease, bowel cancer or stroke. Fruit and Veg are low in fat; low in calories but are filling; they contain vitamins and minerals required to keep you healthy and they also help with constipation problems

3. My final weight loss tip is to break your food intake to several small meals. Avoid large plates of food and eat in moderation. Smaller meals will keep your metabolism on the high, helps your digestion and help you lose weight.Though quite obvious, it is important to state that you need to avoid sugary food and drinks. They are high in calories and can cause weight gain. It is pointless taking smaller amount of foods without reducing the sugar content.

By applying these methods to your diet scheme, you will lose weight and improve your health. This would lead to a reduction in heart disease, stroke and diabetes in addition to helping combat obesity.
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    margaretb wrote: »
    McGrath - if you are going to join SW don't forget to buy the current Woman magazine where there is a £10 voucher to give you free membership, only pay class fee, a saving of £5 on the current SW class offer.

Hi

Do you know when this voucher is valid until, please???

Mel x
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • NOSONDDU
    NOSONDDU Posts: 13,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have discovered 3 SW books in the spare bedroom:

Free Branded Foods - book 3 (can't find a date)
    Free Branded Foods = book 7 says April 2002

Food Directory - book 2 (£4.95) - can't find a date

Please, does anyone know if they still can be used or has everything changed?

Well done everyone on losses. Someone, some pages back, mentioned swede. I love it and I like it mashed with black pepper. Don't know if that's of use to anyone.

good luck everyone
    "Every day when I wake up I thank the Lord I'm Welsh" Cerys Matthews
  • zavarony
    zavarony Posts: 419 Forumite
    Options
    redmel1621 wrote: »
    Hi

Do you know when this voucher is valid until, please???

Mel x

Hi Mel Im sure someone will correct me if Im wrong:rolleyes: but i think i read a few pages back that it was until 31 jan - shame cos I only joined on monday and didnt know about it before hand:rotfl:
    MFW 2010 Challenge (No 68) - £133.29/ £5000
    MFITT2 Challenge - (No 181) - Target Reduce mortgage to £130,000
    Mortgage @ 1.8.09 - £161160 :eek: @1.12.09 - £159052 :eek: @ 1.2.10 £157,363
  • redmel1621
    Options
    zavarony wrote: »
    Hi Mel Im sure someone will correct me if Im wrong:rolleyes: but i think i read a few pages back that it was until 31 jan - shame cos I only joined on monday and didnt know about it before hand:rotfl:

Oh shame, I have a voucher for half price membership which is valid until April 9th, but Free membership would've been better;)

I will be joining group by the end of March (I hope)

Mel x
  • JemmaBe
    JemmaBe Posts: 227 Forumite
    Options
    NOSONDDU wrote: »
    I have discovered 3 SW books in the spare bedroom:

Free Branded Foods - book 3 (can't find a date)
    Free Branded Foods = book 7 says April 2002

Food Directory - book 2 (£4.95) - can't find a date

Please, does anyone know if they still can be used or has everything changed?
    I think a lot of the problem with using books from 2002 is that the recipes of food has changed, so it may well have been free before, but now the recipe is such it needs to be synned, which could cause you problems.
  • redmel1621
    Options
    I have found this site, not sure if anybody uses them already but might be worth a look. I thought they would be great for all those summer BBQ's we are going to be able to have this year;)

http://www.joessausages.co.uk/

Mel x
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all, hope you are all having a relaxing Saturday.
    I am having an EE day (done it all week and loved it, my trousers also feel looser but resisting weighing myself)

Brekkie - I made the Bilinis * from the SW xmas mag (the ones that are meant to have the aubergine cavier, we never had that though) topped with a fried egg and 2 rashers of bacon, all free

*I thought these would me more like a potato scone which we miss form fry ups, but it was a bit lighter, but very tasty and went great with egg.

Lunch - Jp, salad and a jazzed up pasta n sauce with mushrooms, cherry toms and spring onions. all free

Dinner - Chilli, lemon, garlic, soy sauce and ginger chicken stir fry, with loads of stirfry veg and noodles. all free

supper - 2 slices of toast (HEB) with streamline jam 1/2 syn

snacks, shape yoghuts, banana, satsuma and handful of blueberries.

drinks, have already drunk 1.5 litres of water and 2 cups of tea using milk from HEA

syns, Ive had 3 Gerlain sea shell chocs, not sure how many syns but will assume 2 for each one. will find something nice to nibble later or have a glass of wine.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • larmy16
    larmy16 Posts: 4,324 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have a gadget - it is round and has thin sections all the way around it. You slice up a potato or two, - my grater has a slicer bit and then microwave the chips until they are nice and crispy.

I have been searching the net to try and get a picture of one. These things turn up in boot fairs, charity shops etc or maybe even in the Betterware catagogue?

I definitely recommend it. Makes a nice syn free plate of crisps sprinkled with a bit of salt ( one naughty thing I refuse to give up!) :)
    Grocery Challenge £139/240 until 31/01
    Taking part in Sealed Pot No.819/2011
    Only essentials on Ebay/Amazon

• lo_bush
    lo_bush Posts: 1,409 Forumite
    Options
    redmel1621 wrote: »
    I have found this site, not sure if anybody uses them already but might be worth a look. I thought they would be great for all those summer BBQ's we are going to be able to have this year;)

http://www.joessausages.co.uk/

Mel x

Someone at our group recommeneded them and we did a bulk order (as a group) to get the free postage. Everyone seemed to enjoy the products they had, I thought they were a little pricey but were good quality. Only real problem we found was that our consultant had the order delivered to her and because it arrived a couple of days before group, it filled her fridge and also stank it out as some members had bought very, very garlicky flavoured items!! HTH
    When Life Throws You Lemons Make Lemonade
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport