Christmas Crafting Ideas by Flyingpig - Its Good To Share.

Comments

• kjmtidea
    kjmtidea Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    wow they are all fab, where can I find your blog? I would love to have a look!
    Slimming World - 3 stone 8 1/2lbs in 7 months and now at target :j
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    edited 2 October 2010 at 7:49PM
    thankyou for sharing your fabulous ideas and for starting this thread to keep them all together. I shall certainly be making more of the goodie bags this year.

kjmtidea you can see from this link
  • qwiksave
    qwiksave Posts: 4,456 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I love your ideas too and think you would do well selling your stuff at a Christmas Craft Fayre. Possibility?
    I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful
    Marilyn Monroe
  • Tiara_2
    Tiara_2 Posts: 1,203 Forumite
    Wow you have got some great ideas, thanks for sharing :beer:
    What sweeties did you use for the rudoloh noses please (red and blue!)?
  • Some fab ideas there flyingpig58 and your blog is fantastic - have become a follower!!!
    The E-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.
  • The Blue sweets are bon bons from a pic and mix ..... I am afraid you may have to search around for them, especially in the old fashioned type shops. If I see any on my travels I will post here when I do.

I am afraid its the same tale for the large pink marshmallow noses ...... which I will be definatley be looking out for this year ......... they came from one of those horrendously expensive pick and mix stalls that appear at Christmas Markets and in shopping centres at Christmas time - the times I have seen people gasp when they have their bags weighed and ask if they can put some back!!

I only had a bag of "noses" which weighed pretty light ....... pink marshmallows would be OK instead though or those foamy strawberries at a push.

What I tend to do when I am shopping is look at the sweets/pick n mix very carefully and think ...... noses, poop and snowballs ..... and see if anything there can be "turned" into something .... or go with a theme....

anniseed balls, vimto or strawberry bon bons - can be reindeer noses

choc peanuts and raisins - snowman or reindeer poop

I am obsessed!!!!
  • letters_thumb%5B11%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

These letters are from HobbyCraft and cost about £1.75 but I have added "Say it With Studs" self adhesive embellishments by Prima to them and a ribbon tag.

I gave them as a small token gift instead of a card last Christmas to some of the girls at work.- and will be making a few more this year.

I like to give people something at Christmas to hang on their tree instead of a card. A card is soon discarded but a tree decoration comes out year after year.
  • wish_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

This is a simple gift to give instead of a card .... its a translucent bauble that I have just put a word in ...... I used "wish" but it could be any word that means anything to you.

I just found a font I liked and printed the word off ..... ripped the paper round it for a "torn" effect and then sprinkled with a translucent fine glitter ..... simple, easy and quick ..

The baubles were from Paperchase - for no more than 50p each (they also did boxes of 9) -

You can't buy a card for that price ..... and it's a lasting gift.
  • calendar1_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

This was a very popular idea last year among bloggers.

My Coaster/beer mat calendar is pretty plain and unfussy, but if you Google "Coaster Calendars" you will be amazed by the ideas you will find and some tutorials.

Its just made with a beer mat , covered and embellished to your taste.

I've added a strip of magnetic tape to the back of mine to stick it on the fridge.

Anitas's (a craft brand) sell packs of calendar tabs for 99p -
  • sunrise27_2
    sunrise27_2 Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    letters_thumb%5B11%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

These letters are from HobbyCraft and cost about £1.75 but I have added "Say it With Studs" self adhesive embellishments by Prima to them and a ribbon tag.

I gave them as a small token gift instead of a card last Christmas to some of the girls at work.- and will be making a few more this year.

I like to give people something at Christmas to hang on their tree instead of a card. A card is soon discarded but a tree decoration comes out year after year.

I think these letters may be reduced to 74p at the moment
    as you know I love your blog and I'm a daily visitor
    I want to make chocolate spoons this year do they have to be plastic or can I use metal ones ???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure