Tesco wrong prices thread part 4 - please post your finds here

Options
This is a continuation of the original Tesco Wrong Prices thread here as once again it was getting rather long and it was getting very hard to spot the bargains amongst the off topic discussion.

This thread is for only posting incorrect prices that you spot in Tesco's supermarkets. Any discussions on the policy should be put in the Discussion Time thread that you will find here. Thanks :)

Comments

• bootman
    bootman Posts: 1,985 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Tesco Banbury. Today got 2 corn fed chickens wrong price and 2 blocks of value cheese incorrectly priced on product from shelf edge price.
  • katskorner
    katskorner Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    Options
    Bacon joints STILL mispriced in Worcester (WV) - shelf £3.42kg packs £3.44kg. I didn't get any but it may be useful to someone else.
    3 kids(DS1 6 Nov, DS2 8 Feb, DS3 24 Dec) a hubby and two cats - I love to save every penny I can!
    :beer:
  • cheenyweeny
    Options
    I know this is a bit off the thread but still regarding Tesco.
    to all those who feel guilty or dont want to look for a bargain. about 3 weeks ago Tesco increased all their bottles of Cider in my store by £1.00 not much untill you consider they were £1.99 or £2.13 etc But now £2.99 and £3.13 or wotever. 50% INCREASE when I queried it with store manager he told me head office put up the price "and his hands were tied on price matching for these items only" straight from head office. Now who has no morals !
    NO WONDER TESCO IS THE MOST PROFITABLE RETAILER IN THE U.K. last year I think it worked out about £1million profit per store per year based on profit divided by number of stores in Uk. I admit they do make most of that profit abroad. But its still a lot of money per store. So no I never feel guilty.!!
    Keep it up everyone!
  • AnnaV
    AnnaV Posts: 531 Forumite
    Options
    NEWBIE ALERT!!!

If the price is wrong do you get it for free then?
    Anna :beer:
  • katskorner
    katskorner Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    Options
    If you are overcharged for an item - ie. if the shelf price is lower than the price you are charged then buy it and go to customer services to tell them you were overcharged. They have a refund and replace policy - if they overcharge you, they give you and refund and you get to keep the item too.
    3 kids(DS1 6 Nov, DS2 8 Feb, DS3 24 Dec) a hubby and two cats - I love to save every penny I can!
    :beer:
  • Hi,

Having read the entire thread last night, thought I would have a look, as I was popping in to get some other stuff.

Hey Corn-Fed Chickens, on Special Offer £2.49/kg instead of £2.99/kg, Chicken was marked as £2.99, so checked on the scanner and it came up as £2.99. Went through till and straight to customer services.

Now stroppy CS adviser pointed out I was not overcharged as the price on the chicken matched the till receipt (they just assume your a thicko!)

Politely pointed out that it said £2.49 on shelf and off she went, came back and refunded. Was absolutley bricking myself, fantastic buzz though.

When she came back explained to me why it had happened, apparently offer started today and the chickens had come in yesterday, this is why they were wrong!! (surely you just change the computer!) but hey there you go.

This was at TESCO Extra at Bar Hill, Cambridge.

Jason
    :j
  • nannaC
    nannaC Posts: 469 Forumite
    Options
    Healthy living Chicken Breasts 7.50kg on packet £7.03 per KG on shelf.
  • MyUserNamesTaken
    Options
    Weightwatchers Cheese is still mispriced. Should be £3.48 per kg, but being charged at £3.79 per kg. Picked up three lots today and got it all refunded. Bacon joints still mispriced, too.
    In a rut? Can't get out? Don't know why?
    It's time to make that change.
    Cover up all the pain in your life
    With our new product range.
    So please don't feel blue - let us show you how
    To talk yourself into a good mood right now.
    Feeling sad is no longer allowed,
    No matter how worthless you are.
  • halifax
    halifax Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    Question?

If the price you pay instore doesnt match the price specified on the Tesco web site (Price Check), do you also get the refund and goods if you can prove so at Custoner Services?
    Watch out for Freddie the Fox at the Shay !!
  • Roger_Rampant
    Options
    No, you don't
    Thanks to all who post constructively.
    H
    ave an A1 day!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income