Northern rock loan over £25,000

Comments

• IainHL
    IainHL Posts: 226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Does anyone have an email address for the lovely people in NRAM. I can only find a contact form on their website, and I need to have evidence of requesting paperwork.
    Revert to the old fashioned method of writing a letter and sending it Recorded Signed For?
  • I've re read the NRAM website, it states...

The Court has looked at one of the relevant agreements and has decided that it means the customer is entitled to the rights and remedies applicable to a regulated agreement (in so far as this is possible).

My worry is that there may have been exceptional circumstances with this and they'll appeal against a general redress. If the possible bill would be around £250m then I'm sure there be under a lot of political pressure to not pay out!
  • Full details of court ruling now available...

http: // www. judiciary.gov.uk / judgments / nram-plc-v-mcadam-hartley/

It won't let me post the link correctly as I am a new user, take the spaces out.
  • Thanks, I've read it but it was very hard going! The judge did seem quite set on his answer though. I wonder when we'll get to find out if they appeal, and if so, what the timescales are for that appeal. I'm sure I read somewhere that any delay will cost £3m a month in interest payments?
  • I'm rather baffled and hope one of you may know the answer to my query...we took out a Together mortgage with the unsecured element over 25K back in 2002, paid it all off in 2005. On the nram site it states any loans redeemed prior to 2007 (I think, could be 2009) wouldn't be applicable for any redress, is this right? Just so I know not to go contacting them! We've moved several times since 2005 so they'd have no chance of tracking us down, even if they wanted to ��
    Thanks in advance for any expertise offered!
  • I'm rather baffled and hope one of you may know the answer to my query...we took out a Together mortgage with the unsecured element over 25K back in 2002, paid it all off in 2005. On the nram site it states any loans redeemed prior to 2007 (I think, could be 2009) wouldn't be applicable for any redress, is this right? Just so I know not to go contacting them! We've moved several times since 2005 so they'd have no chance of tracking us down, even if they wanted to ��
    Thanks in advance for any expertise offered!

Northern rock website "loans over £25,000" reckon this does not apply to you or me as well, unfortunately.
    Now i am going to get stuck into the one that appears to tick all the correct boxes,bearing in mind 6 months ago this loan was almost given up on.
    All the best whatever the outcome
  • Northern rock website "loans over £25,000" reckon this does not apply to you or me as well, unfortunately.
    Now i am going to get stuck into the one that appears to tick all the correct boxes,bearing in mind 6 months ago this loan was almost given up on.
    All the best whatever the outcome

Substitute Northern rock for NRAM, Then go to home page then check out links to ppi, on loans, redeemed or not, see if you can get a result there.
    Good luck. You must have paid insurance on the loan.
  • I think that considering the Xmas/New Year shut down period, the time has expired for an appeal to be filed.
  • I would imagine it's a working day time limit. :(
  • They have changed the wording on their website now as before it said they were going to review with legal advisor whether to challenge the court decision. Now it only says they are considering next steps with their legal advisors.

Hopefully we will all get a nice letter soon after xmas as it will only cost them more the longer they leave it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure