PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Comments

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 16 March 2017 at 9:16PM
    I love peas in every single possible version :) mushy probably my favourite though with chips and gravy...its my northern roots :D

Had a nice smile today when I "sat" for my godkids who were at home from school poorly and mum needed to go shopping. She went to Marks and Spencers and it was yellow sticker time so she got some lovely prawns in thai sauce and a pack for me :) bargain at 1.80 its been a while since I had a stab stab ping with all this freezer eating so it was a nice treat especially as it was a M+S one :D
  • Nelski
    edited 16 March 2017 at 9:18PM
    karcher wrote: »
    Would you please allow me a completely off topic rant..feel free to skip :o

I am both :mad::mad::mad::mad:

and :(:(:(:(:(:(

I may have moaned about this before, but I truly am at breaking point now....every bloody night the noise, banging, noise, more banging, shouting, banging..from my bloody awful neighbours :mad::(:(

One particular banging of an inbuilt cupboard door had me jumping out of my skin earlier...I feel so anxious and unsettled. I have this every bloody night. I can't relax or chill after getting in from a day at work because I have next door making so much noise.. I already have high blood pressure I bet it's through the roof just now.

As I type yet another slammed door..it actually makes the wall shake AHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh :mad: It's so ferkin inconsiderate.

Before suggesting I approach them, I don't speak Arabic and they don't speak English, they are also not approachable and never say hello even though I always do when I see them.

Basically I am at the end of my tether and I just don't know what to do :( the noise is not during anti social hours but it really is having a detrimental effect on me :(

Oh to live in a cottage in the middle of nowhere where only the wild animals and weather make any noise :o

Sorry for the rant...guess being alone and having no one to off-load on/ here to share the misery my noisy neighbours are causing, means maybe this isn't that far off topic..?

Off to raid the fridge as I know I have cheese and I class that as comfort food :o

Im so sorry karcher there is little worse than noise pollution and yours sounds incessant. Is there anyway you could complain to your landlord maybe or environmental health? Keep a diary for some proof ... nobody should have to put up with this. :( Wish I could transport you here for a visit I am so very lucky with very peaceful neighbours but I am aware that can change overnight with house moves.

Take care my friend and rant away as required :)
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Nelski wrote: »
    I love peas in every single possible version :) mushy probably my favourite though with chips and gravy...its my northern roots :D

Had a nice smile today when I "sat" for my godkids who were at home from school poorly and mum needed to go shopping. She went to Marks and Spencers and it was yellow sticker time so she got some lovely prawns in thai sauce and a pack for me :) bargain at 1.80 its been a while since I had a stab stab ping with all this freezer eating so it was a nice treat especially as it was a M+S one :D

Yum prawns...love 'em, lucky you nelski :)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • karcher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Nelski wrote: »
    Im so sorry karcher there is little worse than noise pollution and yours sounds incessant. Is there anyway you could complain to your landlord maybe or environmental health? Keep a diary for some proof ... nobody should have to put up with this. :( Wish I could transport you here for a visit I am so very lucky with very peaceful neighbours but I am aware that can change overnight with house moves.

Take care my friend and rant away as required :)

Thank you :)

I may take you up on that offer one day :D

I'm going to try and find out who the landlord is and see if they can/ are willing to do anything. I know I am very noise sensitive but I just never feel like I can relax until I know they've gone out or to bed...but by then I feel that wound up I'm not really able to relax as I am waiting for the next noise :(

Thanks again Nelski :A
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I feel the noise pain, I've got hyperacusis, which is frequency/type dependent.

While I've 10 houses being built just 10' away all day every day I can't hear it, I don't notice it, it doesn't bother me .... but if the neighbour 2 doors up closes their patio door, or the neighbour's kids drop a ball on tarmac 80' away I'm up the wall with anxiety and stress.
  • katkin
    katkin Posts: 1,020 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 16 March 2017 at 9:54PM
    Xxxxxxxxxx
  • katkin
    katkin Posts: 1,020 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Nelski what a nightmare for you. What can your local authority do for you, please speak to them if you haven't already. They have do do something about it if you complain.

Ok ok I'll pea off now..
  • Nelski
    katkin wrote: »
    Nelski what a nightmare for you. What can your local authority do for you, please speak to them if you haven't already. They have do do something about it if you complain.

Ok ok I'll pea off now..

Not me katkin its Karcher
  • karcher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    katkin wrote: »
    Delete it, it's not the best way to say it without causing offence in my opinion. Ok to have a discussion but maybe a change of wording?

Naughty girl ;)

I'm confused..please explain? I'm anxious enough :(

I have more noise now, banging cupboard doors, shouting and furniture being moved...

Feel I'm missing something from the earlier post, but no idea what:(
  • Nelski
    karcher wrote: »
    I'm confused..please explain? I'm anxious enough :(

I have more noise now, banging cupboard doors, shouting and furniture being moved...

Feel I'm missing something from the earlier post, but no idea what:(

Im with you karcher ...no idea what katkin meant
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family