Poll Results: Would a £35m lottery win make you happy?

12346»

Comments

• buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Remember that these huge eye-catching wins are designed by the lottery co's to benefit themselves - a win of under a million attracts little publicity, while much huger ones get media attention & tickle everyone's greed buds! So drawing in more punters.
  • No matter how wealthy I'd still be just as psychologically screwed up as I am at the moment. I would be able to stop work, and buy the sort of lifestyle I crave (high capital investment in the right sort of property, but low running costs - I don't have expensive habits or hobbies).

Maybe it would be worth blowing a bit on psychotherapy, and see if I could shed some of the baggage as well, though I'm pretty much stuck in my ways by now.

As for, "Would it make me happy?" You could give me half-a-pound of happiness gift-wrapped for Christmas, and I wouldn't know what to do with it.:sad:
  • I believe being healthy comes first and having lot's of money as well would be a bonus. Winning such a large sum would I believe make me very happy
    because I could spread that happiness by distributing the money to friends, family and deserving causes. After all, I couldn't possibly ever spend it all and I certainly would not wish to leave it knowing that 40% of it (plus interest) would eventually be taken from my family in Inheritance Tax duty. After all, that would be a terrible waste and injustice!

Anyhow, if I did have a really big win, I would not dream of going public and of course I would have been one of a 'large syndicate' meaning that the sum would be immediately shared out, lessening the tax obligations from the beginning!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure