Glasgow companies to replace/renovate windows - Recommendations Please

Comments

• I'm in a similar situation, was freezing last winter and my Scottish Power dual bill was about £70 for a 2 bed tennement, really really old drafty single glazing. Double glazing websites are mince always asking for details which I dont want to give out.

I'll give these freelance guys a go, anyone recommend any others?

I've got 1 big bay window (consisting of 3 seperate windows) and 3 others giving a total of 6. Anyone know roughly how much I should be expecting to pay?

I don't have a measuring tape so can't measure but at a guess I'd say they are about 8 feet high, 3 of them maybe 4 feet wide and 2 arounnd 2 feet wide and the kitchen one maybe 2 feet by 4 feet.
  • We used these guys, they were very good, they do all sorts of windows.

http://directory.independent.co.uk/company/a-b-carpenters-glasgow-ltd/2649635

If you cannot find a phone number, I can dig one out for you. Adam Burns and Neal Ewing are their names.
  • Keep away from 'Freelance' You'd be better off keeping your old windows. Honestly! I wish I'd gone to CR Smith or a reputable company. I didn't realise this company was cheap and just wanted draught proof windows. I didn't shop around. Serves me right I guess. It wouldn't have bothered me to pay a few thousand more. I just thought this company was good and am very disappointed. Gutted in fact that I've totally wasted my money.
  • Scottish window craft are the way to go - affordable quality workmanship. They draft proof, refurbish and/or replace sash and casement windows at very reasonable prices compared to these other posts - listed on yell - scottish window craft, bellshill.
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I don't think I've ever seen so much SPAM on the one thread before. :rotfl:
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • scotsbob
    scotsbob Posts: 4,632 Forumite
    Josiejo wrote: »
    Scottish window craft are the way to go - affordable quality workmanship. They draft proof, refurbish and/or replace sash and casement windows at very reasonable prices compared to these other posts - listed on yell - scottish window craft, bellshill.

Is this not the company that was mentioned on the BBC Watchdog programme? Might be better to avoid them.
  • I am planning to refurbish my sash and case windows - Glasgow tenement flat with 9 windows
    Victorian Sash co have been recommended and are quoting £4000 for the job
    Anyone had any e pertinence of this company?
    Does price seem reasonable?
  • Oops - meant experience !
  • Hi, try these guys, check out their website, it's B.Smith and son
  • Westrenovationsltd.co.uk are supplying and fitting 17 a rated pvc sash and case to a victorian terrace in stepps for £9000 average £530 per window.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure