Financial association

Options
How do I get these removed?

My partner shows but we have nothing joint financially and never have. Will that affect him being wrongly associated to a bankrupt?

The other is my ex who I had a mortgage with which is now repossessed and reason for my bankruptcy, however we have a ccj relating to maintenance fees for the property ... does that mean I will still have a association with him?

Comments

• National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there,

You can file a financial disassociation with the credit reference agencies, the ICO has provided information about this and a sample letter in their booklet - https://ico.org.uk/media/for-the-public/documents/1282/credit-explained-dp-guidance.pdf The credit agency will let you know if your application was successful or if they require more information.

The credit agencies can handle disassociations differently. Experian will consider the application if there are no active joint debts. Whereas Equifax and Call Credit will consider it when the accounts are closed/ settled.

When you are declared bankrupt your liability will end, so this should make it easier to file the disassociation request. Good luck,

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure