Asda own brand Bran Flakes 43p

I was in Asda today and bought Asda own Bran Flakes 750gm only 43p
While they're that price i got 4 boxes

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Thanks for that well worth it are they nice ,not cardboardy ?
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    JackieO wrote: »
    Thanks for that well worth it are they nice ,not cardboardy ?
    Carboard responds well to a slightly longer soaking in milk, I find. Also it hydrolyses the starch to sugar, so tastes more palatable.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I buy the Tesco own brand 59p I think, but then I also mix it with another variety - Special Flake I think - so the combined taste is not so bland.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Eldest DD was in our local Asdas last night on the way home from work and spotted the last 4 boxes and snaffled them for me as she knows I prefer bran flakes to corn flakes So I now have four big boxes of 750 gms each which should keep me well stocked up until after Christmas at least :):):) and she wouldn't take any money for them either but I will make her a lemon drizzle cake in exchange :)
  • suelizab
    suelizab Posts: 238
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    last of the big-spenders then .
    old enough for my bones to feel the cold .
  • VfM4meplse
    Forumite
    suelizab wrote: »
    The clue’s in the website name. It’s not MoneyWastingExpert, after all.

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    suelizab wrote: »

Why would she need to be, she knows what she likes and her daughter bought it at a reduced price for her and didn't ask for the money.

Jackieo, is a truly honest helpful person and your comment was just. ..eem nasty.
  • Thanks justtrying :) I now have 3 kg of bran flakes in my spare room stacked up and will be able to use them over the coming months and at £1.72 they were well worth getting My DD will appreciate her lemon drizzle cake in return :) In our family if we see something that we know is a bargain we will snap it up even if its not for ourselves I once had a 7.5kg bag of onions in Sainsburys for 10p!!! y/s and went up and down my road asking neighbours if they wanted some of the onions I have some myself and so did my Dds but also my neighbours who appreciated them for free :) but in return over the coming months I had the odd knock on the door with bags of windfalls from neighbours trees which I used up One little boy up the road always calls me the onion lady to his mum :):):) I like to spread a little happiness ,even if its only onions :):):)
  • VfM4meplse
    Forumite
    JackieO wrote: »
    In our family if we see something that we know is a bargain we will snap it up even if its not for ourselves
    Ditto! It might not be used up in one household, but by the time it’s split 4 ways (parents and separate homes for each of their offspring) it’s manageable. It’s only me and my mum that thinks this way about food at the point of purchase. My sister will when it comes to taking both food and clothes (in fact she’s not one for seeking prior permission, even as a courtesy), but my brother falls into the Kondo camp: he calls it passing the carp you don’t want onto someone else that doesn’t need it either!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure