Best place to find a (cheap) plumber?

Comments

• Sorry you feel that way. I can't believe I came on a money saving site to find out how to save money on something... What an idiot I am....:tongue:
    As you don't understand the difference between "Plumber" and "Gas Engineer" hard to tell if you an idiot or just ignorant? Water and Gas the one you require is a Gas Engineer you could always ask the person who services it….. oh forgot your a landlord you'll not know what that is either :rotfl:
  • Sorry you feel that way. I can't believe I came on a money saving site to find out how to save money on something... What an idiot I am....:tongue:

You obv have no idea how much it costs every year to make sure people are safe where gas is concerned, will this cheapness follow on down the line with the amount you are charging your tenants ? No I thought not
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • glasgowdan
    glasgowdan Posts: 2,967 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Some posters are being a bit ignorant. Cheap doesn't mean bad and expensive doesn't mean good.

Ask neighbours who they use.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    glasgowdan wrote: »
    Some posters are being a bit ignorant. Cheap doesn't mean bad and expensive doesn't mean good.

Ask neighbours who they use.

True, but an LL who doesn't appear to understand the difference between a plumber and a Gas Safe RGI is a hazard to his/her tenants. If you use the same engineer to do the regular annual servicing, the odds are that you will get a better rate for a GSC.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • As you don't understand the difference between "Plumber" and "Gas Engineer" hard to tell if you an idiot or just ignorant? Water and Gas the one you require is a Gas Engineer you could always ask the person who services it….. oh forgot your a landlord you'll not know what that is either :rotfl:

As you don't understand the difference between you, you're and your, it's hard to tell if you're an idiot or just ignorant.
  • scd3scd4
    scd3scd4 Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    My dad was a shipwright........ more than a carpenter. He worked for a solicitors on he's boat once...

"Do you know any cheap shipwrights to help you John"...........

"No I don't, anymore than I know cheap solicitors!"
  • Risteard
    Risteard Posts: 1,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    As you don't understand the difference between "Plumber" and "Gas Engineer" hard to tell if you an idiot or just ignorant?
    To be fair they are just gas plumbers (aka gas installers). They certainly aren't engineers.
    RECI & Safe Electric Registered Electrical Contractor
    NICEIC Approved Contractor
    ECA Registered Member
  • Alex1983
    Alex1983 Posts: 958 Forumite
    Risteard you seem a little bitter about gas fitters/installers/gas man or any other name we are called being called a gas engineer.
  • Risteard
    Risteard Posts: 1,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Alex1983 wrote: »
    Risteard you seem a little bitter about gas fitters/installers/gas man or any other name we are called being called a gas engineer.
    Because they're not engineers. In much of the world engineer is a legally protected title and generally requires a degree, and often professional registration. A gas man is certainly not an engineer.
    RECI & Safe Electric Registered Electrical Contractor
    NICEIC Approved Contractor
    ECA Registered Member
  • Alex1983
    Alex1983 Posts: 958 Forumite
    Why let it bother you, it clearly does as you’ve said it in 2 posts recently. I personally do not call myself a gas engineer but it’s what nearly everyone calls us, does it really matter or affect your life in anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure