New TSB app

Comments

• AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    My first impression of the app was not good.
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,159 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    EarthBoy wrote: »
    Everybody's having that problem.

I'm not, working quite happily on a Galaxy A5.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,566 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I installed the new TSB app. a few days ago and it has been using as much battery as my screen!!! I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7. Is anyone else having this problem and, if so, how have you resolved it?
    My phone gives me a warning that the app is draining my battery, after I have used and closed it. I have to 'force stop' it. Perhaps it is busy collecting data on your typical activity for use by TSB and others for marketing. (Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not watching me for targeted marketing...)
    Evolution, not revolution
  • glosoli
    glosoli Posts: 739 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I don't like it either, as already mentioned the font is far too big and not a fan of the sliding windows to view the accounts. They are trying too hard...
  • anotheruser
    anotheruser Posts: 3,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Yet nobody has questioned why the app needs access to SMS, microphone, contacts...
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I'm not, working quite happily on a Galaxy A5.

I took a quick gander at the app's battery usage a couple of days ago and it was unremarkable. I've just checked it again and noticed this:

TSB_Battery_1.png

TSB_Battery_2.png

The TSB app does appear to be draining the battery. I haven't ran it since I charged my phone this morning, so it's done that itself.
  • anotheruser
    anotheruser Posts: 3,485 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    FYI:

Needs access to contacts to use the "pay a contact" feature.

They didn't say exactly why it needs access to SMS and Microphone but gave details how to deny the app access.
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,039 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The general opinion of the new TSB app is pretty dire. Just 2.3 stars on the Google play store (android). The old TSB app has 4.3 stars.
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,105 Forumite
    They've spent a bit of time on making the interface look good, but the usability has really dropped off. You need a lot more input to do things than before, including flicking from screen to screen.

Issues for me include - I have two barclaycards as payees. I used to see the reference number to select which one I wanted. Now I have to select one of them before I can check I have the right one, as the reference numbers are not shown.

Having to put in the password each time I make a payment. That wasn't the case before.

It's slower at loading / logging in etc.
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,105 Forumite
    They must be responding to concerns. I was asked to complete a survey on the app today when I was logging in. I've told them pretty much what I said here - so if you have any issues and are offered the survey please take a few minutes to let them know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure