Toilet rolls best prices?

mardatha
mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
I'm trying to sort out a good price for bog rolls. My brain has seized :D Between Costco and Amazon and supermarkets - is there any one that's a great price and good value?

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,076
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    I get 18 rolls of Nicky three ply loo roll for £4 from Farmfoods. Nice quality.
  • Agreed on the Nicky @Farmfoods plus if you spend over £25 use their vouchers for an extra £2.50 off.
  • Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I buy nicky from home bargains but I sometimes get 40 tolls for £12.50 from Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01BDHDED8 I get free delivery as I am on prime
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    We find Breeze (from Iceland) to be OK. 24 rolls for £5.
    Stompa
  • mardatha
    Only prob here is that it's not easy for me to get to Iceland or FF, there's no parking and I can't walk far (esp carrying an elephant sized pack of bog rolls..) :)
  • mardatha wrote: »
    Only prob here is that it's not easy for me to get to Iceland or FF, there's no parking and I can't walk far (esp carrying an elephant sized pack of bog rolls..) :)

Why not use Iceland home delivery? Thats what i do, save all my bulky stuff for one shop and they deliver it all free bless them!
    Saving 1 animal wont change the world - but it will change the world for that 1 animal

Weight loss challenge 2024 - 1st quarter goal = 15/24lbs
    Pantry challenge 2024
    24 for 2024 challenge
    Prepping….the new world
    Make do, mend, minimise
  • Savers also do the Nicky ones if that's any help MARDATHA. Same price as FF and HB.
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,837
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    edited 10 January 2017 at 6:50AM
    Asda Shades are the only loo rolls I use, they are soft, strong and last longer than some premium brands.

£8 for 24 rolls. 210 sheets per roll. 120mm X 104.5mm. Total Area 63.20m

When people quote that its x amount per roll though, it really means nothing unless how many sheets per roll and sizes are also quoted.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • mardatha
    I found that out on Amazon sarah. Some bulk packs look good value but then you notice the sheet count.. that's when my brain died. I don't think Iceland will deliver away up here, we only get the 3 big shops coming out this far. Godsake - who knew that bogrolls were so complicated lol
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,837
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    mardatha wrote: »
    I found that out on Amazon sarah. Some bulk packs look good value but then you notice the sheet count.. that's when my brain died. I don't think Iceland will deliver away up here, we only get the 3 big shops coming out this far. Godsake - who knew that bogrolls were so complicated lol

Its a mine field :rotfl::rotfl: I bought some Andrex puppies on a roll once on Amazon when they were on a silly deal and I couldn't wait to get rid of them, they lasted days less than my Asda ones and were actually too thick.

I dont have Iceland deliver to me either in Surrey.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure