Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

Comments

• Aldi "Specially Selected" Gourmet, Hand-Cooked Aberdeen Angus Beef & Red Wine Crisps (150g, 99p). :j

I have found a new "absolute favourite" crisp! :D
    In a word ......... "gorgeous"!
    Very pleasant flavour which DOES manage to taste of beef and red wine - and really good crunchy crisps.
    So good in fact that I'm going to try the Vintage Cheddar & Real Ale variety.;)
  • Happygreen
    Happygreen Posts: 2,948
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Lidl is around here the only store that stocks Nouvelle recycled loo rolls, even if only as a special but fairly regularly. The nearest T charges twice the price for exactly the same packs of 9 rolls. Occasionally Lidl had their own brand giant packs which was great quality, hope they get those back in at some point.
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win - Gandhi
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    One of the Aldis near me is closed for four weeks. One of the reasons as well to level the floor as heard pallets toppled over

A customer that lives in the block of flats opposite has lost count in the number of cars turning round on seeing the sign of store being closed. Has seen the same cars too (very distinctive ones). Still another 2.5 weeks

Cannot remember the programme , but I saw a brief glimpse of one of these refurbished/new Aldi shops on the TV recently. Looked impressive and very much better and brighter than their current stores.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Aldi "Specially Selected" Gourmet, Hand-Cooked Aberdeen Angus Beef & Red Wine Crisps (150g, 99p). :j

I have found a new "absolute favourite" crisp! :D
    In a word ......... "gorgeous"!
    Very pleasant flavour which DOES manage to taste of beef and red wine - and really good crunchy crisps.
    So good in fact that I'm going to try the Vintage Cheddar & Real Ale variety.;)
    I've stuck with the Lidl Deluxe S&V since I last tried Aldi's failed experiment that was G&T crisps :o

On the plus side, the recommendation for Aldi's generic rice cispies was well made.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Happygreen wrote: »
    Lidl is around here the only store that stocks Nouvelle recycled loo rolls, even if only as a special but fairly regularly. The nearest T charges twice the price for exactly the same packs of 9 rolls. Occasionally Lidl had their own brand giant packs which was great quality, hope they get those back in at some point.

They were on offer in morribobs today :D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Feral_Moon wrote: »
    Same ones who say Sainsbobs or Morribobs etc. It's stupid and childish in my opinion.

Grumpy so and so! :cool:
    :p Proud Mummy to Ruby :p
    born 02/01/09 5lb 2
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,770
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    candygirl wrote: »
    it's so my posts don't show up when someone googles the shop :D

Unless you can convince every other person who posts on the thread, it won't make any difference.

MSE.png
    I'm sure the new topic will get there, in time.
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Has anyone found the Aldee ready salted crisps are too salty nowadays ? I used to love them :(
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Auntie-Dolly
    Auntie-Dolly Posts: 1,008 Forumite
    I've just has my first taste of white truffle courtesy of lidl truffle oil in a little spray picked up this week. Smells strong but tasted lovely on plain pasta. Was only about £1.30 - highly recommended.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,266
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    candygirl wrote: »
    Has anyone found the Aldee ready salted crisps are too salty nowadays ? I used to love them :(

Aldee? Never heard of it. Tried the Liddell ones?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure