Co-op meal deals

Comments

• dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Bought these today

Be warned that the fish fillets are very small. Only fill around 3/4 of the (already quite small ) packaging
  • Be_Happy
    Be_Happy Posts: 1,390
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 4 December 2016 at 2:35PM
    Ate these yesterday. Fish fillets were horrible, nothing like picture on box. Followed instructions exactly, but when cut through batter, fish inside was a mushy grey colour.

Rest of offer was good (haven't tried the fish fingers yet).

Forgot to add - you have to be careful at checkout. I had only bought special offer and was charged over £10. Pointed out that it was £5 meal deal. Involved items being rung through again and supervisor being called who explained that they had run out of peas and replaced with Co-op own brand, so she had to key in a special code to correct price. If I had bought more goods it would have been less obvious that I was being overcharged.
  • keiran
    keiran Posts: 739
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Co-op needs to have a better way of letting us know which are the "selected stores"
    One has to read/scroll down the entire list.
    There could be a simple location or post code finder, as often used by other stores/sites
  • dlusman
    Forumite
    keiran wrote: »
    Co-op needs to have a better way of letting us know which are the "selected stores"
    One has to read/scroll down the entire list.
    There could be a simple location or post code finder, as often used by other stores/sites

Best way to do it is to do a "find" on the page and put in the first few characters of the town you are looking for. Doesnt always work , but better than trying to scroll through the whole list
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,342
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Forumite
    Be_Happy wrote: »
    Ate these yesterday. Fish fillets were horrible, nothing like picture on box. Followed instructions exactly, but when cut through batter, fish inside was a mushy grey colour.

Rest of offer was good (haven't tried the fish fingers yet).

Forgot to add - you have to be careful at checkout. I had only bought special offer and was charged over £10. Pointed out that it was £5 meal deal. Involved items being rung through again and supervisor being called who explained that they had run out of peas and replaced with Co-op own brand, so she had to key in a special code to correct price. If I had bought more goods it would have been less obvious that I was being overcharged.

I also got the offer on Saturday and so far have only used the fish fingers.

They were fine - a bit small, and Pollack rather than cod. But perfectly edible.

Also got a £1 off your next £10 spend voucher from the till.
  • dlusman
    Forumite

Mine where fine ( though as I said - very small )
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    fatbelly wrote: »
    I also got the offer on Saturday and so far have only used the fish fingers.

They were fine - a bit small, and Pollack rather than cod. But perfectly edible.

Also got a £1 off your next £10 spend voucher from the till.

I thought they'd done away with the till vouchers since introducing the new loyalty cards? I used to get two or three a week but now I just accrue cashback on the card. So far I've accumulated about £25.
  • Be_Happy
    Be_Happy Posts: 1,390
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    There seemed to be a gap when they weren't giving vouchers, but they are back again. I've had one last week and this week.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,837
    Homepage Hero I won, I won, I won! I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Senior Ambassador
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    I thought they'd done away with the till vouchers since introducing the new loyalty cards? I used to get two or three a week but now I just accrue cashback on the card. So far I've accumulated about £25.

I get two or 3 a week from my local small co op
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected]. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    There seemed to be a gap when they weren't giving vouchers, but they are back again. I've had one last week and this week.
    sarah1972 wrote: »
    I get two or 3 a week from my local small co op

Are you both using the new blue loyalty card?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback