Savings accounts deposits by Direct Debit? UPDATED

Comments

• Ken68
    Ken68 Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    Confirmed also by Yorkshire Pud on the other thread.
  • Just wondering if it's worth updating the 1st post of this thread if possible to contain just the ones that now do accept this.
    As far as I can tell, this is just Tesco (but not for long), Scottish Widows and Post Office (maybe AA / ICICI as well but couldn't find mention of DD's on their pages)?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Just wondering if it's worth updating the 1st post of this thread if possible to contain just the ones that now do accept this.
    As far as I can tell, this is just Tesco (but not for long), Scottish Widows and Post Office (maybe AA / ICICI as well but couldn't find mention of DD's on their pages)?
    Trouble is, this can only be done by the poster who originally put it up, and they haven't updated it for six months - they have posted this month on another part of the forum but don't appear to be active on this one anymore.

Maybe time for someone to volunteer to start and regularly maintain another one, especially when this has suddenly become rather more topical again in the wake of the most popular player pulling out....
  • Aye - Tesco's new terms and conditions for online savings accounts have just dropped through the letter box.

Direct Debits into them are history as of 22nd April 2018 - including existing ones.
  • I've just posted to similar effect elsewhere - does anybody have Post Office Online Saver - and can it draw in DDs from more than one external bank current account on a monthly basis ?
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I've just posted to similar effect elsewhere - does anybody have Post Office Online Saver - and can it draw in DDs from more than one external bank current account on a monthly basis ?
    One direct debit per online saver. You can have multiple online savers with different nominated accounts.
  • I've scanned the inside front page of the changes - for anybody who has still not received the booklet.

Tesco_Internet_Saver_cnages_in_T_C.jpg
  • adindas wrote: »
    What about you maintaining it ??

New thread started :-)
  • I always read the summary - if nothing of critical importance, as you say, it goes straight into the filing cabinet Mk1.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure