Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Thomas Cook ONLY

Options

Comments

• Carsontom172
    Options
    Thanks, sorry new to this! Have posted on the link you provided.
  • bevlang56
    Options
    I husband and I went to Cuba with tc ,from Manchester on 7th Dec 2016, We were delayed 4hrs ,due to a technical fault, We had to board a different aircraft and wait for new flight crew, We were due to fly at 10.25am, they gave us refreshment cards with £7 each ,and told to keep hold of them in case needed later,we eventually took off at 2.30pm, we didn’t arrive till 7.30 pm at Cayo Coco,in the dark,it should have been 3.30 pm ,Having gone to a couple of flight delay company’s, Tc are denying the Delay was that long stating it was only 2hrs 59mins .they told the last company they had evidence ,I complained to the company,that tc were frauding ,they said they judged my morality lying about Tc . The cedr also believed Tc, How to go about getting somewhere ,it’s the principle ,I would definitely not lie ,I would stand in court to defend my claim :mad::mad:
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Bev,

It's the delay time at arrival that counts, not the departure time, also, if the flight is over 3 hours but under 4 hours late, the compensation is halved. That makes your arrival time critical in this case.

I'll see if I can find out about the arrival time.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Tyzap
    Options
    Hi Bev,

I can see that your flight departed MAN at 14.35, which is 4.05 late, just as you say.

Unfortunately the radar coverage at destination is not good and I could not see the exact arrival time. However, the flight usually take 9.35hrs so, again, that matches your details and the only question is, was the flight over 4 hours late, to be able to claim the higher compensation rate of €600 each.

To check this I input your flight details into the Bott & Co flight delay calculator and it confirms that you are due €600 each, so your delay must have been just over the 4 hour mark.

As this claim has obviously been problematic, for whatever reasons, I would be tempted to go with Botts, as they are solicitors and not an unregulated claims company. The other option would be the small claims court via MCOL.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • tiddles93
    Options
    Hi guys,
    Our flight MT2914 on 6th of October 2017 to Varadero was delayed by 4 hours 20 mins leaving Manchester due to a technical issue with our original aircraft and when a replacement aircraft arrived Thomas Cook discovered that the catering trolley's from the original aircraft wouldn't fit so had to be returned to the catering supplier and repacked.
    I have 2 issues, firstly despite numerous requests from pax in the departure lounge for refreshments that Thomas Cook are bound to supply under EU261 duty of care, none were supplied.
    Secondly the captain clawed back some time on the flight, the was scheduled to land in Varadero at 15-30, it did touch down at 19-23, however the doors were not opened on stand until 19-31, the 1st passenger off the flight was at 19-33 therefore 600 euros is due under EU261, Thomas Cook have emailed me saying I'm only entitled to 300 euros and it will be paid into my account in 10 days.
    I have emailed them with my concerns but have not recieved a reply.
    Thoughts?
  • Tyzap
    Options
    tiddles93 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Our flight MT2914 on 6th of October 2017 to Varadero was delayed by 4 hours 20 mins leaving Manchester due to a technical issue with our original aircraft and when a replacement aircraft arrived Thomas Cook discovered that the catering trolley's from the original aircraft wouldn't fit so had to be returned to the catering supplier and repacked.
    I have 2 issues, firstly despite numerous requests from pax in the departure lounge for refreshments that Thomas Cook are bound to supply under EU261 duty of care, none were supplied.
    Secondly the captain clawed back some time on the flight, the was scheduled to land in Varadero at 15-30, it did touch down at 19-23, however the doors were not opened on stand until 19-31, the 1st passenger off the flight was at 19-33 therefore 600 euros is due under EU261, Thomas Cook have emailed me saying I'm only entitled to 300 euros and it will be paid into my account in 10 days.
    I have emailed them with my concerns but have not recieved a reply.
    Thoughts?

Hi tiddles93,

Looks like there is no dispute, apart from that one crucial minute. I would think they would put up a strong argument to defend their position on that.

You could risk £25 to have your claim passed to CEDR for their adjudication on the official time the door first was opened. It will have been recorded in TC's flight records and CEDR could ask for it to be presented as evidence.

Good luck.
  • tiddles93
    Options
    Appreciate the reply Tyzap, I'll update you if I hear anything from them.
  • efus
    efus Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 30 October 2017 at 6:52PM
    Options
    Hi All, Was on MT1006 on 25/10/17, Manchester to Banjul. Check in was slow and long, arrived at check in at 03.05 finally reached the counter at 04.35. I believe the flight was full, and lots of people were checking in extra luggage. One passenger didn't have hold luggage pre paid, so TC charged her £314 for two cases. After a quick rush through security, flight was boarded at about 05.40. Departure time was officially 06.00 but we didn't depart Manchester till 09.38.After about an hour pilot announced of a delay as the aircraft was too heavy. After a further wait he announced that up to 48 bags would have to be unloaded. When passengers complained that they had medication, he announced that he was awaiting instructions from TC flight management as to a solution. At 9am a cup of water was offered to all passengers. Pilot then announced that to avoid further delay we would be taking off with all luggage but diverting to Dakar for refuleing.Landed at Dakar about 6hrs later, a promised 30 minutes stopover was over an hour, as the airport refused to refule the aircraft untill cleared funds were in their a/c. I understand that this is not an airport that TC normally used. A short flight later we landed Banjul 16.27 (1hr behind UK ) as apposed to our schedule time that should have been 11.25 Gambian time. O we did get a free drink and a hot meal after we left Manchester. Have used Resolver to claim flight delay compo. But I'm sure TC will try to get out of it. They have sent the standard email to say they have 28days to look into it but will try to respond within 21 days.Have taken screenshot of flight radar showing all takeoff/landing times. Anything else I can do to put forward a strong case? Your thoughts advice on this would be greatfully received. Thanks in advance for replys.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    duplicate post
  • Tyzap
    Options
    efus wrote: »
    Hi All, Was on MT1006 on 25/10/17, Manchester to Banjul. Anything else I can do to put forward a strong case? Your thoughts advice on this would be greatfully received. Thanks in advance for replys.

Hi efus,

I don't think there is much more you can do at this stage of proceeding. Your case seems to be pretty clear cut and will be very hard for them to defend, if not impossible.

Once you have a reply from them all will become clear. Keep your powder dry till then.

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure